PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions on my itinerary???

mommy2maddi
06-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Heading to WDW in December. Driving down-due to high price of airfare. First time driving...it will be an adventure. We are staying at AoA-Can't wait!!! It will be myself, DH, DD-5, and DD-9. Here is my itinerary. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to leave them. I'm always open to suggestions. Thanks! :mickey:

Disney 2012 Itinerary
December 15th:
• Arrive at WDW. Hopefully by noon- Check into Art of Animation Resort
• Go to Magic Kingdom until 10:00 p.m.
• Eat dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern @ 4:00 p.m.
December 16th:
• Breakfast @ Akershush @ 9:30 a.m.
• Stay at Epcot until 5:30 p.m.
• Dinner at counter service
5:30 Bus to…
• Hollywood Studios-E.M.H. until 11:00 p.m. (or until we are tired)
December 17th:
• Animal Kingdom-E.M.H. 8:00-9:00 a.m.
• Lunch @ Flame Tree Barbecue
4:30 Bus to…
• Polynesian Resort-Dinner at Ohanas at 5:55 p.m.
Bus to…
• Magic Kingdom-E.M.H. until 1:00 a.m. (probably not that late)
• Dinner @ Counter Service-Columbia Harbor House
December 18th:
• Breakfast @ Chef Mickey’s at 10:00 a.m.
11:00 Bus to…
• Hollywood Studios
7:00 Bus to…
• Magic Kingdom-Christmas Party 7:00 p.m.-midnight
December 19th:
• Hollywood Studios at 9:30 a.m.
1:15 p.m. Bus to…
• Magic Kingdom until 10:00 p.m.
• Lunch @ Tony’s Town Square @ 2:00 p.m.
December 20th:
• Animal Kingdom at 9:00 a.m.
• Lunch at Yak & Yeti at 1:00 p.m.
2:00 Bus to…
• Epcot until 9:30 p.m. (or until we are tired)
December 21st:
• Breakfast at Kona Café at 10:15 a.m.
• Bus to Downtown Disney
• Back to resort-Leave WDW :’( Loooooong drive back to frigid Wisconsin

We are pretty flexible- if my daughters have had enough, we will go back to the hotel. I will not make them suffer through a park if they are exhausted. They are a lot like me though, they can go,go,go...My husband is more likely to wear out than us three girls! :mickey:

steamboat willy
06-18-2012, 11:53 AM
WOW! Looks great, we are also looking for a December Trip ourselves. We always drive, that way we have the car and can by pass the buses when we want. Only things I would say is, remember you can get into The Christmas Party as early as 4:00 with your ticket. When you go to Yak & Yati, remember the Mango Pie! We'll see you there! Kongaloosh!

faline
06-18-2012, 05:36 PM
You know your family best but that seems to be a very ambitious plan particularly for a 5 year old.

Jeff
06-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Here's my number one rule of visiting Downtown near Christmas, drive your own car. Downtown busses seem few n far between when needed.

Wolf
06-19-2012, 09:46 AM
I love your plan!! We are always go-go-go on our trips too! I like your first day plan especially because you aren't locked into staying out late if you all are too tired, you can have dinner, walk it off and if needed turn in early. Well done, I hope yall have the best time ever!!!

mommy2maddi
06-19-2012, 09:58 AM
You know your family best but that seems to be a very ambitious plan particularly for a 5 year old.

Yes, it is pretty ambitious, but my daughters are very much on-the-go girls. That being said, I will be more than open to going back to the hotel early or having my husband head back with my 5-year old if my 9-year old is still good to stay. I have seen ppl who over-extend their children on trips and it's not good! :mickey:

DisneyDINK
06-19-2012, 10:05 AM

Yeah, you could have some long days in there.

It'll probably be a 3 day drive each way. The parks will probably get more and more crowded as your trip progresses. I would be on the lookout for a good weather day or two to do some relaxing pool time; you sure won't be getting any back home.

WDWFRK
06-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Looks good, but I would consider building a trip back to your hotel after lunch for napping/swimming/recharging before you head out for the evening's festivities. You would be amazed at what a couple of hours of down time does to everyone's spirits! Have a great trip.:mickey:

mommy2maddi
06-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Yes, my plan was a bit ambitious. I have changed a few things to spare my family. :mickey: