PDA

View Full Version : Our Dining Plans for December Trip...any suggestions on changes?

mommy2maddi
06-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Plan to make ADR's for the following:
Tony's Town Square-Dinner
Akershush- Princess Breakfast
Chef Mickey's-Breakfast
Ohana-Dinner
Teppan Edo-Dinner

Counter service we will plan when we get there but will definitely eat at:
Yorkshire Co. Fish
Flame Tree
Columbia Harbor House
:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:

mommy2maddi
06-17-2012, 08:21 PM
Forgot to mention, we've never eaten at Akershush, Chef Mickey's or Ohanas. We will also be having breakfast at Kona Cafe on the day we depart. :mickey:

Gator
06-17-2012, 11:59 PM
I like all your choices, with the exception of Tony's. But that's because I've never been there. Changing that on my trip this winter. I can vouch for Liberty Tree Tavern. Really nice ambience and very good food.

mommy2maddi
06-18-2012, 11:08 AM
I like all your choices, with the exception of Tony's. But that's because I've never been there. Changing that on my trip this winter. I can vouch for Liberty Tree Tavern. Really nice ambience and very good food.
We actually got rid of Teppan Edo-we have eaten there before-and added Liberty Tree Tavern. Want to try new places. Thanks!

Kplaster
06-18-2012, 11:33 AM
We ate at Akershush 2 years ago and I was glad we went to try it, however I can't say it was good enough for us to go back again.

ledudes
06-18-2012, 11:42 AM
They all look good to me accept for Tonys. I haven't heard great things about it especially if you are picky about your Italian food. Ohana is one of our favorites!

mommy2maddi
06-18-2012, 11:45 AM
They all look good to me accept for Tonys. I haven't heard great things about it especially if you are picky about your Italian food. Ohana is one of our favorites!
I have also seen mixed reviews for Tony's- However, DH and I ate there in 2010 and loved it! Best eggplant Parmesan I've ever had and the tiramisu was to die for! This is one I disagree with the masses for :mickey:

mommy2maddi
06-18-2012, 11:46 AM
We ate at Akershush 2 years ago and I was glad we went to try it, however I can't say it was good enough for us to go back again.
I have also heard the food is mediocre, but we are going for the princesses. DD is Belle's biggest fan! Don't think the dinner fare would suit our tastes so we played it safe with breakfast. :mickey:

Gator
06-18-2012, 04:46 PM

I disagree with this one. I LOVE the food at Akershus. If you're going for breakfast, it will be pretty basic with a great potato caserole. But if you go for lunch, you're in for a treat. You get the princesses of course, but the cheese selection is awesome, the cold and warm fish buffet selections are yummy, and the entrees are fantastic - especially the Kjotkake. And then dessert is super sweet and unique to this restaraunt. You'll love it at lunch!

jonahbear2006
06-18-2012, 05:09 PM
I love all of your choices! I am so happy you got Ohana. It is difficult to get so keep your ressie. Its one of our favorites. They have sooo many favorite foods of mine; specifically their wings! I cleared the first bowl on my own, last time we went. Akershus is also one of our favorite meals. They have a beautiful buffet and their menu is delish! Chef Mickeys is just ok but its a must do if you have children who require it. They are the only one who serves cheeze blintzes and I am a big fan! Tonys is something we havent done either. We had a ressie for it last time and didnt use it.