PDA

View Full Version : Favorite and Least FavoriteCounter Service

DizneyFreak2002
06-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Since the most underrated and overrated threads seem to be getting some decent responses, how about we do the same for counter service???

In this thread, how about we mention our favorite counter service dining experiences (even more underrated if you so choose)...

I'll go park by park...

DAK: Flame Tree BBQ... fantastic counter service... not too expensive and the food is awesome... The salad is tasty and the ribs are juicy and to die for (ok maybe that is being a little extreme)...

DHS: Um.... this one is hard since I don't usually eat in DHS... I'll leave DHS and eat at ESPN, then go back...

EPCOT: Sunshine Seasons... great choices (and many choices)...

MK: I am partial to Cosmic Rays... Casey's has slipped in quality and I can't say I have ever tried the other places, not in recent trips... Though, on the KttK tour a few years ago, we were given Columbia Harbor House for lunch... Wasn't bad....

Least favorite: ABC COMMISSARY... I hated it... And this is for ALL the parks... None of the other counter service places I have tried (outside of DHS) have been bad...ABC Commissary though, blah....

So, you all know the drill.. Let's hear it Intercot...

chefmickey3
06-17-2012, 05:50 PM
Favorite CS on property:

Columbia Harbor House - enjoy the food and the atmosphere (especially upstairs) is so relaxing

Least Favorite:

Anything in DHS - but if I had to pick one, ABC Commissary.

TinkerbellT421
06-17-2012, 06:15 PM
MK: favorite is Columbia Harbor House, love LOVE!
Least favorite is Casey's, it was okay but nothing I will go out of my way for again. It was average at best.

Epcot: favorite is the Yorkshire fish and chip in the UK.

Least favorite is Mexico since they changed the menu.

DHS: least favorite is ABC Commisary. We never eat here anymore for counter service, we will park hop or go to boardwalk or beach club and eat there.

AK: favorite is Flame Tree BBQ they have the best pulled pork sandwiches.

Least fav, don't really have one because we don't eat here much either.

LudwigVonDrake
06-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Favorite - Cosmic Ray's

Least favorite - ABC Commissary was some of the most inedible food I've ever tried.

DizneyFreak2002
06-17-2012, 06:43 PM
ABC Commissary is running away with this as the least favorite... :ack:

ANG
06-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Of what we've had...

I'd say my LEAST favorite was Cosmic Ray's. Food was bland and the ambiance matched it.

FAVORITE would be the Quick Service in Mexico (forget what it's called). We had larger portions. Nachos were awesome. And whether you eat inside or out on the patio, you've got a nice view to people watch.

mommy2maddi
06-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Magic Kingdom:
Love Columbia Harbor House
Dislike Cosmic Rays...

DHS: Like...none. Food selection needs an overhaul in DHS

Animal Kingdom: Love Flame Tree
Never eaten any other CS in AK

Epcot: Yorkshire Co. Fish
They are all good in Epcot!!!

wdw dude
06-17-2012, 08:35 PM
MK favorites are Pecos Bill's, Columbia HH

Epcot favorites are Sunshine Seasons, Somerfest, and the Boulangerie

Studios favorite is Starring Rolls

AK favorite is Flame Tree. (Haven't eaten here in years, but it was good last time.)

:mickey:

Gator
06-17-2012, 11:55 PM
The Pepper Market at Coronado is the best CS for me and the family. At least, it was. Don't know how it is after the change. A close second goes to Flame Tree BBQ, which I hit twice each trip.

Worst? Pizza Planet. I understand the ambience, but that pizza is just gross. And since there's nothing else on the menu, it get's an Epic Fail.

TheDuckRocks
06-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Very favorite on property (By Far) - Wolfgang Puck Express.

Favorite MK - Main Street Bakery, small selection of entrees but what they have is excellent.
Least favorite - Casey's, good grief what a disappointment...it's just a hot dog, people.

Favorite Epcot - Tangierine Cafe

Favorite DHS - We are some of the few who like Pizza Planet. Would we go there at home? Oh, heck no! But DHS does not give you much that is good food.
Winner of least favoite for DHS and anywhere at WDW - ABC Commissary, I will eat popcorn and Mickey bars before I would go back there.

AK - we haven't done much CS at AK, we have only had sandwiches at Pizzafari and they were OK. We will be trying Flametree on next trip, hopefully it will live up to all the hype.

Jared
06-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Best: Tangierine Cafe, Wolfgang Puck Express, Sunshine Seasons, Columbia Harbour House.

Worst: Pizza Planet, ABC Commissary, Pecos Bill, Lotus Blossom Cafe

ledudes
06-18-2012, 11:45 AM
I can't think of any that I really dislike. Our new favorite is Wolfgang express in DD. It is basically the quality and variety of a TS meal but counts as a CS meal. The meat loaf and creme brulee are delish! We try to fit it in on every visit now. We also like columbia harbour house. The kids like Caseys becasue they love getting cotton candy and nachos.

MarkC
06-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Best counter service by far for us is the Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney. Even the desserts there are awesome.

Can't think of any that bad other than Pizza Planet. And I think the cuban sandwich and a couple of other items at the Commissary have been decent.

WDWFRK
06-18-2012, 02:15 PM
MK-- Columbia Harbour House
EC-- Sunshine Seasons
AK--Flame Tree BBQ
DHS--Starring Rolls for breakfast only! We never eat counter service lunch or dinner in DHS as we don't like any of their offerings.
DD -- in love with Earl of Sandwich!

joonyer
06-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Favs:
AK: Flame Tree
MK: Columbia Harbor House
Epcot: Cantina
DHS: Backlot Express, although I like the Tabouleh Wraps at ABC Commissary, too

Least Favs:
AK: Pizzafari
MK:Tomorrowland Noodle Station
Epcot: Electric Umbrella
DHS: Pizza Planet

jonahbear2006
06-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Favorite- BoardWalk Bakery!! They have some of the best sandwiches that are healthy and fresh, also the best ceasar salad on property! They will also bag it up nice so you can take it back to your resort! Desserts galore!!! My favorite is the cheesecake brownie!

Least Favorite- pretty much everything in Hollywood Studios. I agree that they need a foodie overhaul...why are they dropping the ball here!?! They have an excellent place for snacks. Villians sweet shop offers some very lenient rules on DDP snacks and we tend to use our credits there. This is how we found boardwalk bakery in the first place. :cool:

i'm grumpy
06-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Best:

MK-CHH or PB.

DHS-ABC wasn’t bad. Backlot- turkey sandwich was good.

Epcot -Sunshine Seasons -Cashew Chicken.

Worst:
DHS Pizza Planet has been nearly burnt the last 2 times. They didn’t even completely slice it. Probably because it was so tough.

MK Cosmic Ray’s removed the turkey roll up. They only thing we ate there. Didn’t go there, but should have. Would have been better than taking the long way around the castle and fighting a mob in the dark to go to Casey’s to stand up and eat a $5 hot dog!

EP Yakitori was awful. And the Liberty Inn kid’s meal chicken nuggets-hockey pucks.

But even the worst meal at DW is better than the food at the theme park here.

Kairi_7378
06-18-2012, 09:33 PM
My favorites are Tangerine Cafe, Sunshine Seasons, Flame Tree BBQ, and Columbia Harbor House.

My least favorite is Electric Umbrella, followed by the no longer operating Tomorrowland Noodle Station. :sick:

Belle of the Ball 051411
06-18-2012, 09:34 PM
My absolute favorite is Flame Tree BBQ in AK. My least favorite is pretty much everything in DHS.

Mickey'sGirl
06-19-2012, 08:23 AM
Favourites: Tangierine Cafe, Columbia Harbor House, Puck's Express

Least Favourites: Electric Umbrella, Yakatori, Pizza Planet :ack:

barnaby
06-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Favorite is Sunshine Seasons

Least is another vote for anything at DHS. Although, the sandwiches at Starring Rolls were good.

waymickey
06-19-2012, 07:51 PM
FAVORITE
MK - Pecos Bills

EPCOT-Sunshines seasons

AK- Pizzafari

DHS- none, I don't eat there.

Least Fav.
DHS- all of it, mostly ABC Commissary

BriarRose0708
06-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Favorites:
Columbia Harbor House, Tangerine Cafe, Kringla Bakeri Og Cafe, Yak and Yeti, Starring Rolls

Least Faves:
Flame Tree BBQ*, La Cantina de San Angel, ABC Commissary, Back lot Express

*I used to love Flame Tree BBQ, and sadly the last two times I ate there it was bad. Meat was very dry & needed tons of sauce just to swallow it down, and they got rid of the cornbread and frozen lemonades.

laprana
06-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Most of my favorite CS placed aren't in the parks, although a few are. My top picks are:

Contempo Cafe
Wolfgang Puck Express
Artist's Palette
Everything POP
Captain Cooks
Yak & Yet CS
Flame Tree BBQ
Cantina de San Angel

Don't have too many least favorites, but ABC Commissary, and just about anything in DHS, is on my list!

darthmacho
06-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Interesting topic. Here are some thoughts.

Favorites:

Cosmic Ray's: Despite having to get into line 3 times to satisfy a family of four with diverse tastes, I've eaten there once on each of my four trips and have enjoyed the food and atmosphere each and every time.

Casey's: Tried this for the first time last trip. Excellent service, entertainment, and tasty food made this so enjoyable despite the building being covered in scrims.

Sunshine Seasons: Always read the great reviews here and finally tried it last trip. It was a real hit. Loved it!

Old Favorite:

Pinocchio Haus: Haven't eaten there since they switched to pizza, but we enjoyed burgers there in the past, and we love the murals and window to IASW.

Recent Disappointments:

Pecos Bill's: Had a great meal in 2003, and was grateful for a cool, uncrowded place to dine on a hot crowded holiday weekend. Last trip though, we barely got a seat because of a crowd retreating from a thunderstorm, people were hovering over us for the entire meal waiting for our seat, and we were eventually forced to head out into the inclement weather due to peer pressure and got soaked. The food was so-so.

Columbia Harbor House: We JUST beat the crowd that was running in from the thunderstorm and were at the head of the line when we were told that we were randomly picked to sit at the "Captain's Table" and get served sit-down style. Of course we accepted, but we waited a LONG time for our food and we didn't see our "waiter" for so long that my wife actually got back into a HUGE line and came back with an extra order of fries before our regular food did. not only were the kids very hungry by then, but it set back our plan for the day and we had to wait in longer lines for rides for awhile.

Underrated:

Lotus Blossom: Many people complain that their local mall has better Chinese food than at Epcot, and I say, okay, but I really enjoyed the food there...so whatever.

A Pleasant Surprise:

ABC Commissary: Ate there in 2003, an though the theming was really lame, we had a surprisingly good meal there away from the crowds and heat.

brownie
06-20-2012, 02:49 PM
My favorite counter service would be Backlot Express at Disney's Hollywood Studios. I don't really have a least favorite, although there are quite a few I haven't tried so there may be one out there yet.

disneynarula
06-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Favorites: Wolfgang Puck Express and Tangerine Cafe

Least Favorite: Electric Umbrella and Backlot Express

HackLaSalle
06-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Favorites:

MK: I honestly have only eaten at Cosmic Ray's CS and I'll get to that later. BUT I love the egg roll cart. I love it! Great place to grab a little snack at.

EPCOT: Sunshine Seasons is great for all occasions. But I really think Yorkshire County Fish Shop is tremendously underrated. After a few:beer: nothing hits the spot more.

DHS: There's food here?

DAK: Come on it's Flame Tree everyone knows that. Yak and Yeti's counterservice isn't bad though but more common food court chinese food.

DTD: Seriously what's not to like here? I love Wolfgang's and Earl of Sandwich.

Least Favorites:
MK: Cosmic Ray's: Just bad. bad bad salty. gross and bad.

EPCOT: Haven't run into one I didn't like.

DHS: Does Toulca Legs Turkey company count?

DAK: I miss Petriefries when they were McDonald's DON'T JUDGE ME!

DTD: All good so far.

tjstrike
06-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Favorites - Wolfgang puck express and the contempo.

Least favorite - The Americas in Epcot. :ack: