PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Tree Tavern To Cut Hours

DizneyFreak2002
06-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Well, not hours but an hour... Instead of closing at 9:00 or 9:30, depending on the night, LTT will stop seating at 8:00 PM... Apparently the demand for LTT has gone down since they removed the character meal...

All that I have read is the change is for the foreseeable future... I wonder how temporary this will be though... Summer is here, busy season is upon the World...

mook3y
06-16-2012, 09:28 PM
I know if it was character dining we would be going this fall but since it isn't, it did not make our list in 16 night stay. Seems maybe it should still be character dining to me.

DizneyFreak2002
06-16-2012, 09:58 PM
I know if it was character dining we would be going this fall but since it isn't, it did not make our list in 16 night stay. Seems maybe it should still be character dining to me.

Agreed... They should go back to being a character dining meal... Especially since the place isn't that good to begin with...

Disney Hungarian
06-16-2012, 10:05 PM
... Especially since the place isn't that good to begin with...
Haha.... That sounds like most of the character dining experiences Disney has already. I quit going to LTT for dinner after they went to the "family style" dining, with or without characters, I am not fond of this style of dining. I prefer a menu and the opportunity to order a dish I am in the mood for. I still enjoy a lunch at LTT from time to time.

big blue and hairy
06-16-2012, 10:27 PM
I would prefer a menu oriented restaurant too. There is enough character dining, obviously, so I'd love a nIcer dining experience.

:sulley:

tadshome
06-17-2012, 06:22 AM
We have only been to the LTT once, and did not enjoy it. We are not really big fans of family style dining and found the food quite tasteless. Would be happy to try it again if there was a menu that we could chose from.

DizneyRox
06-17-2012, 06:53 AM
For years, we never even considered LTT. Either didn't know, or when we saw it was basically Thanksgiving and we were visiting over the July 4th holiday, it didn't appeal. Then we tried it one Halloween party and loved it! Made the list from then on, loved the characters, food was edible. It would actually get us into MK, we would otherwise have not much reason to go.

Since they got rid of the characters, we just haven't been back. Spend less time at MK as well, even though now we have a kid in tow.

Bring back characters and it will make it back on the list... Well, that's assuming we're going to visit WDW.

DizneyFreak2002
06-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Don't they have a menu for lunch??? I thought dinner was the only meal they served family style, Thanksgiving themed dinner... Like I said, ate there once, when it was a character meal, haven't been back... I can have Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving... :)

Disney Hungarian
06-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Don't they have a menu for lunch???
Yes, they do have a menu for lunch. Which is why I stated I will enjoy a lunch there from time to time.

DizneyFreak2002
06-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Yes, they do have a menu for lunch. Which is why I stated I will enjoy a lunch there from time to time.

:) I wasn't sure... After I ate there that one time, I've ignored anything to do with LTT lol...

Gator
06-18-2012, 12:03 AM
I actually like the simplicity of the Thankgiving/Christmas meal they have. And the food has always been very tasty. I definitely do miss the characters being there. It was one of two places you could catch Chip&Dale. The other is Garden Grill, and we don't like that place. If they bring back characters, it will be a tough ADR to get again.

Wolf
06-18-2012, 10:25 AM
We had it two times and really liked LTT, the characters were always fun and the food was very good. I liked their outfits and how in period they were, always pretty too. The bathroom was their biggest pitfall to me, tiny and upstairs to the best of my memory (Its been several years now)