PDA

View Full Version : Soundstage 44 Possible Demo...

DizneyFreak2002
06-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Universal filed permits yesterday for demolition of Soundstage 44... If you don't know where SS44 is, that is the building which houses Hercules/Zena... Monster Cafe is attached to it... The building is the next block over from Shrek 4D...

Site test balloons were recently floating from the building... And walls have now gone up, reaching out to Delancey Street (where Mummy is)...

The permit states the project (demo and construction) has to be complete by June 7, 2014...

Interesting and exciting times are ahead for Universal..

NJGIRL
06-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Interesting. I wonder if this is more Potter stuff.

I was never impressed with the Monster Cafe food, but the theme was cool. Espeically the electric chair. :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
06-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Not Potter... The Transformers building would fit into the area where Soundstage 44 is... :)

DizneyFreak2002
06-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Some insiders are saying this won't be Transfomers, something original but not really an attraction... Guess we wait until Universal tells us...

DizneyFreak2002
06-20-2012, 11:26 AM
The birdies are out... Current rumor: SS44 is to become a permanent, year round haunted house style attraction...

NJGIRL
06-20-2012, 08:51 PM
The birdies are out... Current rumor: SS44 is to become a permanent, year round haunted house style attraction...

That would be so cool and at the same time promote their halloween party (in a way).

DizneyFreak2002
06-27-2012, 10:01 PM
Well, SS44 is nearly down, despite all the rain from Debby this weekend...

And don't hold onto those "rumors" about a year long haunt... Universal Creative may have put out a ruse last week... What ever that means, well, who knows???

DizneyFreak2002
07-09-2012, 04:02 PM
We could be getting a transforming announcement this week from Universal about SS44... The future is bright!!! New hotel, possible Transformers ride, Potter 2.0, a project for IOA for 2014.... Yes, Universal is upping the anti...

HackLaSalle
07-09-2012, 04:04 PM
I don't think we're transforming. I think we may be heading to Africa. Or Central Park.

DizneyFreak2002
07-09-2012, 04:35 PM
I don't think we're transforming. I think we may be heading to Africa. Or Central Park.

Madagascar??? no... Not in SS44... IOA's family ride for 2014 maybe... KidZone addition in 2015, possibly... But SS44?? nah... It is either Transformers or Kong with the Transformers ride system....

EDIT: IOA family ride may be in Jurassic Park section of the park...

NJGIRL
07-09-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm confused. Are they taking out the Jurassic Park section of IOA also????

The Monster cafe was in the NY section ot the Studio wasn't it?

It sounds like they have alot going on.

I have to say I still miss the King Kong ride. :(:(

MizMissy
07-09-2012, 06:37 PM
We could be getting a transforming announcement this week from Universal about SS44... The future is bright!!! New hotel, possible Transformers ride, Potter 2.0, a project for IOA for 2014.... Yes, Universal is upping the anti...

It's great to see a lot of additions in the works. My kids LOVE Universal and I can see more trips in the future if Universal keeps adding on themes and thrills.

DizneyFreak2002
07-09-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm confused. Are they taking out the Jurassic Park section of IOA also????

The Monster cafe was in the NY section ot the Studio wasn't it?

It sounds like they have alot going on.

I have to say I still miss the King Kong ride. :(:(

Jurassic Park is staying... IOA is rumored to be getting a family style attraction for 2014... Some say the family ride will be put into Jurassic Park... Others have suggested Madagascar be put into Toon Lagoon or replace the rest of LC...

I believe Monsters Cafe is in the New York section but I could be wrong... Mummy is for sure in the New York section... I would expect Monsters Cafe to change if SS44 winds up Transformers... Where else are they going to sell the Energon drink??? :)

Some people have thought that maybe SS44 would become Kong, since some connected people have hinted of Kong's return... The ride system would still be Transformers from USH, just a Kong overlay...

I think Madagascar belongs in KidZone... KidZone is scheduled to get a refurb wen Potter 2.0 opens, probably 2015...

NJGIRL
07-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the explanation! I love that they update things, but at the same time some of these attractions are old favs of mine from our first visits back in the early 90's. I miss King Kong, Ghostbusters & now Jaws!

DizneyFreak2002
07-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the explanation! I love that they update things, but at the same time some of these attractions are old favs of mine from our first visits back in the early 90's. I miss King Kong, Ghostbusters & now Jaws!

Bad thing with the original Kong was it was a maintenance nightmare... but can you imagine a new Kong with the Transformers ride system??? In 3D??? That would be so much better than the original Kong ride...

A permit was filed and appears to be needing more information, but the permit was for Maintenance pit drains and ride lift pit drains... Sounds like a ride system with an elevator... TF has an elevator... :thumbsup:

NJGIRL
07-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Keep the information coming. ;)

Ischyros
07-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Could they finally be getting rid of Pteranodon Flyers? I can't believe they still have that ride. Then again, I don't think anything mentioned fits the Jurassic Park section of IOA.

Melanie
07-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Could they finally be getting rid of Pteranodon Flyers? I can't believe they still have that ride. Then again, I don't think anything mentioned fits the Jurassic Park section of IOA.

That ride is such a mystery to me. I've never come across an attraction that an adult CAN go on as long as they have a child with them. I mean I get it when adults are too big for certain rides. But obviously adults can go on this ride. I'd actually love to ride it, but can't unless I kidnap someone's little one. ;)

DizneyFreak2002
07-10-2012, 05:11 PM

Your guess is as good as mine on that one... I get it, it is a kiddie ride... But, I don't know, just seems, like Mel said, the ride is a mystery... If memory serves, I don't think the Flyers will be affected though... I'll try to find the rumored information about where the family thrill ride would go... Just give me some time... :)

DizneyFreak2002
07-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Ok, Ischyros and anyone else interested... The rumor was/is that IOA is going to receive a family thrill ride in 2014 and be located in Jurassic Park... The area of my understanding is where Thunder Falls Terrace is...

If you look on Google Maps, behind Thunder Falls Terrace is a huge plot of expansion land... It may look like a staging area, but it is in fact expansion land... The ride would go into there... IF this is the route they go... I haven't heard it was green lit yet, but many projects are coming in the next few years... In fact, Cabana Bay Beach, as I think I said once before, is due to have a 50's surf theme water park built close by... and may have even been green lit too, just not announced yet...

I think a new thread is in order, detailing all the possible expansion coming to Universal over the next few years... Long live Comcast!!!

DizneyFreak2002
07-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Not like we don't know already, but I can say without a shadow of a doubt this is in fact TRASFORMERS THE RIDE... Project 609 it is called is in fact TRANSFORMERS... bank on that... Can't post what I seen to prove it.. Just take my word... :thumbsup:

MizMissy
07-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Not like we don't know already, but I can say without a shadow of a doubt this is in fact TRASFORMERS THE RIDE... Project 609 it is called is in fact TRANSFORMERS... bank on that... Can't post what I seen to prove it.. Just take my word... :thumbsup:

Sounds great ... so is this a replica of a ride Universal has in California? Another simulator type ride? Is there a build/completion date?
I think we are looking to another Universal trip next May.

DizneyFreak2002
07-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Sounds great ... so is this a replica of a ride Universal has in California? Another simulator type ride? Is there a build/completion date?
I think we are looking to another Universal trip next May.

More than likely a clone from USH... And I believe December 2013 is the target opening date...

Roger's #1 Fan
07-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Another site has also shown supposed poster artwork for Transformers the Ride and also mentions a 2013 opening date.

DizneyFreak2002
07-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Another site has also shown supposed poster artwork for Transformers the Ride and also mentions a 2013 opening date.

Yep.. I have seen it and may or may not have it in my possession as well... But, if I do, I won't post it anywhere since I believe it to be copyrighted material that was not meant to be for public viewing just yet... But the promo art work has the logo with TRANSFORMERS TEH RIDE underneath and then COMING TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT DECEMBER 2013...

Again, I'd pass it on to a mod to post here but I don't think that would be the right thing to do... Plus, I don't want to be the reason Universal lawyers come down on Intercot...

I'll leave that to John or a mod to post the image if they decide they want to.. But i won't pass it on, if I have it or not... :thumbsup:

Roger's #1 Fan
08-22-2012, 01:18 PM
I have to comment that they are working FAST and FURIOUS on this project. When we were at US last week the work was going on non-stop.

They were even working right up to the 9PM Cinema show (flying in framing panels for the foundation) and only shut down because they had to shut the lights out. :)

DizneyFreak2002
08-22-2012, 02:32 PM
They are working very fast on this project... The cement foundation is pretty much done... The maintenance bay in the basement is getting constructed... The elevator shafts are pretty much visible in the foundation...

Mfarquar
08-24-2012, 12:37 PM
I hope they keep working quickly! I would LOVE for this to be open by HHN in 2013.

However, with Universal's track record for late openings, I won't hold my breath.

Besides, if the ride is as fantastic as I've heard it is, I'm sure it will take some time to finish up!

So excited for it! This is the surge of energy US needs. Along with HP 2.0 at US, it will surely be a great time to go to US. If I were Disney, I'd be upping the budget on Avatar and working on some other spectacular ride to "answer" US. Universal has certainly thrown down the gauntlet and attendance numbers don't lie...

DizneyFreak2002
08-24-2012, 04:11 PM
I hope they keep working quickly! I would LOVE for this to be open by HHN in 2013.

However, with Universal's track record for late openings, I won't hold my breath.

Besides, if the ride is as fantastic as I've heard it is, I'm sure it will take some time to finish up!

So excited for it! This is the surge of energy US needs. Along with HP 2.0 at US, it will surely be a great time to go to US. If I were Disney, I'd be upping the budget on Avatar and working on some other spectacular ride to "answer" US. Universal has certainly thrown down the gauntlet and attendance numbers don't lie...

Their aim is June/July... Reality, I am thinking December.... Bound to have construction delays as what always happens with Florida's construction laws...

Mfarquar
08-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Their aim is June/July... Reality, I am thinking December.... Bound to have construction delays as what always happens with Florida's construction laws...

I think you're on target!

DizneyFreak2002
08-24-2012, 11:31 PM
I think you're on target!

Well, Universal has already blacked out AP dates for ALL of July 2013, and they never do the entire month of July, in Universal Studios (yes, they blacked out dates in July for IOA but not the studios side).. They normally only block out dates when they have something opening... Hmmmm.....

Mfarquar
08-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Wow, a good sign for sure!

I wonder if it will remain that way. I would venture that since this is unprecedented, it's a very good indication that they're intent on staying on schedule this time.

It seems to me that the Hollywood version went up VERY quick, so maybe this is promising!

DizneyFreak2002
09-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Steel beams have risen from the foundation and above the construction walls... This is only one level... The building will actually have three levels so two more levels still need to be added on... This building is going to be tall...

Mfarquar
09-16-2012, 10:51 AM
I saw some pics the other day and it looks GOOD so far!

We'll be there on Thursday and I can't wait to see it in person!

DizneyFreak2002
10-11-2012, 07:24 PM
The first floor track has been cemented... The elevator track has started to get installed... Rumored opening is still Summer 2013...

Roger's #1 Fan
10-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Saw some arial shots of the track layout today and how they are exactly the same as the USH version.

The Universal complex in Orlando is going to be fantastic in another 2-3 years. :thumbsup: