PDA

View Full Version : Dining Help!

PirateLover
06-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Originally we were supposed to do a big California trip with our friends in July, and we were only going to spend 2 days in Disneyland. We had to change our dates and now our friends can't go. We are now doing 4 days at Disneyland! We will be staying at the Sheraton Park hotel. We would like to have 2 or 3 nice lunches or dinners now that we have the extra days, but we are pretty clueless when it comes to Disneyland. We did book Blue Bayou for a dinner because we heard the atmosphere is great. What would you consider a don't miss dining experience? Price is not really a concern-we have no clue if we'll ever be back, so we'll shell out a few extra $$ for a worthwhile dining experience. Thanks!!!

Mufasa
06-16-2012, 10:12 PM
I highly recommend Napa Rose (or perhaps now the Carthay Circle now at DCA)- Chef Sutton and the staff at these restaurants make them some of the best dining experiences in all of Southern California- the wine selections/pairings are particularly outstanding. If you have the opportunity, you should ask about the Chef's Counter when you make a reservation at Napa Rose.

Steakhouse 55 is also a great option at the Disneyland hotel, especially for breakfast.

And of course, a visit to Trader Sam's should not be missed if you're exploring the hotel grounds.

Overall, I don't think you will be disappointed with the variety of in-park dining choices though, particularly at DCA especially when it comes to counter-service options. Flo's V8 Cafe in Cars Land has some really well executed comfort food selections, awesome views of Radiator Springs Racers and features at first glance a pretty strange dessert combination- an apple pie with cheddar cheese but that was very popular and common in the 1950's so fits in with the setting.

PirateLover
06-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Thank you for the great advice, Mufasa!

tinkwest
06-18-2012, 03:15 PM
I don't know that there is any one restaurant that I would consider a "don't miss" spot for me, although I have LOTS of favorites. Top on my list is the breakfast at Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel, mentioned by mufasa. Elegant restaurant, delicious breakfast choices, comparable prices.

Carol
06-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Steakhouse 55 & Ralph Brennan's for dinner and definitely don't miss Steakhouse 55 for breakfast is this may be your only trip.

PirateLover
06-22-2012, 11:43 PM
Thank you all! We have added reservations for a lunch at Carthay Circle and a breakfast at Steakhouse 55. It seems like there are a lot of great quick service options as well. Really looking forward to this trip!:mickey: