PDA

View Full Version : One night here, rest there

Airblue1
06-16-2012, 08:08 AM
Not too be cheap, but to be practical. Has anyone stayed one night at a lower rate only to transfer the next day? Our flights are coming in at 9pm. I do not want to pay club level price for a day in which I will only be in for three hrs. So the plan would be a standard room for one night and transfer to club level the next day. Is that feasible?

Imalismom
06-16-2012, 08:11 AM
feasible and smart

wildernesslady
06-16-2012, 08:37 AM
I would definitely do it.

Dulcee
06-16-2012, 08:59 AM
We've done it many times.

Kairi_7378
06-16-2012, 10:04 AM
I think that some Intercot members have also stayed at a lower resort category for the first night, to save more money. Disney can move your luggage for you the next day.

faline
06-16-2012, 11:20 AM
We've done it.

Mousemates
06-16-2012, 11:37 AM
pick your favorite value and go for it...no reason to pay crazy money for the use of a bed and bathroom for a night if you don't want to...a night in a over-the-top-disney-themed-value will definitely get you in the disney mindset for your whole trip.....walk around, get some pictures in front of the giant icons and then move on to your resort of preference the next day.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-16-2012, 11:53 AM
:ditto: Spend a "cheaper" night at a value resort .. enjoy the theming and then move (Disney takes care of the hard stuff) the next morning.

big blue and hairy
06-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Definitely. Unless the next morning is resort-centric, there's no reason not to save money the first night.

:sulley:

Airblue1
06-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Thank you for all your feedback. I didnt know if it could be done. So basically Disney will move our stuff for us. To our next room or just to bell services?

faline
06-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Thank you for all your feedback. I didnt know if it could be done. So basically Disney will move our stuff for us. To our next room or just to bell services?

The will move it to your next resort for you as long as both resorts are Disney resorts. You won't get an exact arrival time for your luggage and it might be later in the afternoon.

When we've done this, we've chosen just to cab over to the next resort and take our luggage with us.

Crow
06-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Yes. in fact many of my trips i split a stay to save. i cant afford to stay in a deluxe the whole trip, so ill stay in value or mod part of it. and on this last trip i stayed at 3 diff resorts. it also makes a nice change of pace

ImagiAsh
06-16-2012, 06:30 PM
The will move it to your next resort for you as long as both resorts are Disney resorts. You won't get an exact arrival time for your luggage and it might be later in the afternoon.

Just to specify a bit further, we were told at the front desk to estimate up to three hours for our luggage to arrive at our next resort. So, if you can go without your luggage for that long, then do it! On our last trip, we transferred from CBR to the Poly and we actually decided to just grab a taxi and do it ourselves. It cost about $10 and it only took up maybe an hour of our time (between check out of CBR and then check in to Poly).

E-OR
06-17-2012, 12:50 AM
Got in really late at night, spent one night at a value and then moved to AKL the next day. Worked out great.

buzznwoodysmom
06-17-2012, 11:58 AM
We do this all the time! We have a 12 hour drive. I hate the idea of spending our first day in WDW driving there. So we always leave a day ahead of our reservations and we usually stay at a value resort when we arrive that first evening. Works great!

PlutoPlanet
06-18-2012, 11:57 AM
We are arriving at midnight and staying in a AKL studio for 1 night. Then, we are switching to a 1 bedroom at AKL. We'll see how it works.

barnaby
06-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Definitely practical.
We drive down and stay off-site our first night because we get to the WDW area around 9PM. I found a cheap room in one of the guide books, liked it and we will be staying there again on our upcoming trips.
We get a good nights rest the first ight, head over to our on-property hotel early, check in, and head over to the parks. :thumbsup:

FiggyFan
06-25-2012, 08:53 PM
We have also done this. We used to arrive on an evening flight, grab a shuttle bus to a hotel near the airport, then head for WDW the next morning. Once Magical Express came around, it was just as easy to go directly to WDW. We use that first night to try out different resorts.

johnO
07-03-2012, 08:01 AM
We did this last January. Drove down and arrived in the evening. Checked into All Star Sports for the night. Then transferred to Riverside the next day. Worked like a dream.