PDA

View Full Version : POR Section request

EtteDMS
06-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Our family is considering a DW trip for fall. We would like to stay, for the first time, at Port Orleans Riverside. However, I would not want to stay in the Alligator Bayou section because its decor too much resembles that of the Ft. Wilderness cabins, where we have stayed in the past. Plus, we would not need the trundle bed. I would want a decor that more fits the plantation setting of the resort, plus something new. If I said I only wanted to stay in the Magnolia section would the request definitely be honored?

gardenia
06-15-2012, 08:37 PM
No, nothing is "definite", ever, where requests are concerned. But if you ask for a Magnolia section room, chances are good you will get one.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Exactly! Unless you reserved a "Royal Room" (the new "princess" themed rooms), it would just be a request, so although they try and meet them, it wouldn't be for sure.

The Bayou is nice, but if you don't want to risk it, you could book French Quarter instead, and still visit POR as you like.

Kairi_7378
06-15-2012, 09:24 PM
Not all AB rooms have the trundle bed. However, if you don't want to take a chance on the theming, I would consider staying at POFQ.

KatrinaJ91
06-16-2012, 01:16 PM
We have stayed there numerous times and always request Alligator Bayou...stayed in the mansions once, but prefer the bayou. We have never had a problem getting our request.

EtteDMS
06-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Actually, after I posted this question, I discovered that I was looking at pre-refurb photos. The rooms in AB look terrific in their new style, with elegance and fun being mixed with the rustic, so I've decided either section would be just fine!

johnO
06-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Oak Manor is great

ledudes
06-19-2012, 10:19 AM
I've always had good luck getting our room requests, practically right down to the room number so I am sure if you want mansions they would give you them. There are so many rooms I can't imagine why they wouldn't honor it.