PDA

View Full Version : River Country possibilities

RBrooksC
06-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Ok, I heard this from a friend who was in Disney last night.

He was speaking to a launch captain, who I guess could be the same as a bus driver or one of the other Disney employees that seem to know EVERYTHING that is happening on the WDW property.

Anyway, my friend was told that on the old River Country property was going to be transformed into a new resort. And he was told at a cost of $300 million, it would be the most expensive on property.

Could this be the rumored Ft. Wilderness DVC?

Buttercup
06-15-2012, 11:55 AM
That's what they were discussing on one of the last Intercot Insider podcasts: it's the Fort Wilderness Vacation Club resort. :mickey:

Ian
06-15-2012, 08:21 PM
I think this is actually beyond rumor phase. If memory serves Disney filed paperwork for it, so it's pretty much confirmed.

waymickey
06-16-2012, 09:48 AM
I don't really understand the need for another DVC so close to WL and BLT. But It is better than the sad state of river country.

Imalismom
06-16-2012, 10:28 AM
I will so miss the "shoe" tree though...

DizneyFreak2002
06-16-2012, 07:29 PM
I don't really understand the need for another DVC so close to WL and BLT. But It is better than the sad state of river country.

As long as there is a market, there will always be more DVC resorts... And that is what WDW has become.. the real estate leg of the business... Theme parks?? nah... Real Estate is what WDW is becoming all about...

Wait until Poly gets a DVC addition...

DizneyFreak2002
06-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Some of you may be happy but, there are some signs the Fort Wilderness/River Country DVC may have been scrapped, at least for now...

The Poly and a new DVC (not Fort Wilderness) may be getting the fast track first...