PDA

View Full Version : Paying down balance

CarolS
06-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Maybe a silly question but I need to ask :blush:

I would love to have my resort balance paid off by the time I go. Would Disney frown upon me calling periodically and paying off a portion of my balance little by little?

disneymom15
06-15-2012, 10:18 AM
I've done it many times, it's never been a problem. Done it thru Disney direct and also Magical Journeys.

Ms. Mode
06-15-2012, 10:18 AM
They don't care, they take your money anyway you want to give it to them. :)

Seriously, I've called and made payments on the balance all the time. Of course, unless you put it on a Disney Visa you have to have the balance paid off 45 days prior to your vacation.

CarolS
06-15-2012, 10:27 AM
Thank you so much! I do realize I was asking "will Disney take my money?" LOL! But I was wondering if it was a problem if I call, say every couple of weeks, and put a little bit at a time on there. It would be SO nice to have it all paid off before I go!

buzznwoodysmom
06-15-2012, 10:42 AM
We almost always have our trips (usually room only with military discount) paid off before we go. I try to put half down when I book it, and pay the other half off a few months later. I've never had problems "getting Disney to take my money" either. LOL.

EJS-Houston
06-15-2012, 06:13 PM
Thank you so much! I do realize I was asking "will Disney take my money?" LOL! But I was wondering if it was a problem if I call, say every couple of weeks, and put a little bit at a time on there. It would be SO nice to have it all paid off before I go!

That's exactly how I do it not only at Disney, but everywhere I go on vacation, and I've never experienced one scintilla of reluctance. Like you, I like to arrive for my vacation secure in the knowledge that everything's paid for in advance. Enjoy!

Mousemates
06-16-2012, 11:41 AM
As a business disney will be more than happy to take your money earlier as opposed to later.

MrPeetrie
06-17-2012, 06:11 AM
Carol5, I've done that on every trip.

Imalismom
06-17-2012, 10:03 AM
I had some Disney gift cards left over from our last trip, so I decided to call and have them applied to my balance for my October I-COT trip - I was very surprised to find that this is even automated - I just keyed in the numbers on the card and it was applied to my reservation number (after I keyed that in). Never even talked to a cast member!

AmandaChan
06-17-2012, 03:23 PM
can you make payments online whenever you want or do you have ti call??

LudwigVonDrake
06-17-2012, 06:35 PM
You can make payments online anytime you want or you can mail payments. Disney doesn't care as long as they get the money :mickey:

teamblackwell
06-21-2012, 01:44 AM
On Saturday I made 5 payments in one call. Disney movie rewards offers $10 disney gift cards as a reward, I had enough points for (4) $10 cards. They came on the mail on saturday, I called Disney and the operator happily apllied the four gift cards to my account. Plus another $40 card I got for watching a DVC web presentaion some months ago.