PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Chic's very Rainy Report Day 3

EpcotChic23
06-14-2012, 01:17 PM
June 6th

DD woke us up around 7:30. I was not going to wake her up during this trip unless I had to. It was a very cloudy day. DF and DB had the Keys to the Kingdom tour. We met DM for a quick breakfast. DM stomach was not feeling good so she stayed behind as DH, DD and I went to DHS.

We got to the bus depot and it was packed. There were about 4 wheelchairs and 3 electric scooters waiting for busses. I found out they were all waiting for a bus to the AK. A cast member was working with the different families to see how to accommodate them because they will not all fit in the next AK(or the next 3 ) bus because it stopped at CR first. While waiting we saw 3 Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon buses. I’m not kidding 2 were at the bus stop at once. The AK bus finally showed up and I saw only one wheelchair and their family get on. FINALLY DHS shows up. My DH looks at me and goes I forget my pass in the room. We waited 30 min for the bus so I hoped on with DD and told DH to take the next one. The bus was filled and a nice gentleman offered his seat to my daughter and me.

We got to DHS around 10am. I looked at the entertainment schedule and Disney Junior Live was starting at 1030 so I brought DD there. She loves the Disney Junior Channel. While in line DH calls and says he is here. I told him to walk around and meet us in around 30 min. DD loved the show! It included all of her favs., Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einstein’s and Jake. She knows who Manny is but not a favorite of hers.

Once done we met up with DH and let DD meet Jake and Manny. She was nervous with Jake but did not need me for Manny. DD was asking for juice so we went to starring rolls (is that the correct name!?!?) and got her juice. While waiting for DH I found someone’s room key on the ground so I brought to a cast member. Afterwards we went to see the Muppets. This was DD first 3D movie. She wore the glasses for a few but then took them off. Did not seem to bother her either way. We had some free time before our 1pm PS at 50’s prime time café. We walked through some of the stores. At this time it was getting darker so we checked in at 50’s 20 min earlier and just hung out in the bar area. Lunch was good. We had the most obnoxious waiter ( I know they are suppose to be). My DH drank his coke so fast that the waiter brought him 3 at once and told him to leave him alone. I ordered an adult beverage and he called me Betty Ford. Both made us laugh. Lunch was good I had a wedge salad (they do not skimp on the blue cheese dressing like many places do, which made me happy) DH had meatloaf and DD had a hot dog. All 3 of us cleared our plate.

When we were ready to leave it was pouring rain. So we waited out a few then tried our way out of the park via shops. It worked by time we were done it stopped raining. We got to our Bus stop and the bus was there and loading already. While in line DD fell asleep on DH shoulder. We made it on the bus barely. Once again someone offered DH a seat (Thank you kind people). We met a very friendly family from AZ who’s husband was originally from a town over from us. While driving to the CR it starts pouring again. But became very light once we got to the Poly, thank you weather Gods. DD and DH took a nap, I met DM for a cocktail this time a coconut key lime martini with a graham cracker rim. Went back to the room and took a shower. We had 5:30 PS for the California Grill (My favorite restaurant in all of WDW). DH and DD are not joining us. DH felt DD might not sit for that dinner so he opted to stay behind. I joined my parents and brother at the Cali Grill. I had the goat cheese ravioli app, pork tenderloin and a glass of cabernet, delicious as always. No desert for us. I walked out to take some pictures, it was raining……..again.

Went down to the 4th floor did some looking then went back to the Poly. Met up with DH and DD and we decided to go to DTD. It stopped raining and was a clear and nice night (temporarily). It was hard to shop with DD. We only looked at a couple of stores in the Marketplace and started to head back to the bus. Once waiting for our bus guess what it starts raining. Luckily the bus came within 5 min. We got back to the room bag less and a little damp. It was between 10-1030 and all 3 of us called it a night and hoping for no rain tomorrow.

Tigerinvestigator
06-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Got alot done today. Sounds like a great trip so far other than the rain hindering you a little. We have had many trips with lots of rain, and though my wife and daughters don't like it, I love the rain at WDW.:thumbsup:

faline
06-14-2012, 06:41 PM
This is why every morning, as we are leaving the room, the conversation goes like this? "Do you have everything?? "Room key?? Park passses?? Wallet?? Water??"

Despite the soggy weather, you all had a very lovely day!

Love that goat cheese ravioli at California Grill - so yummy!!

tinksmom02
06-14-2012, 09:53 PM
Sounds like a great day, except for the weather! We had one day last week that we left and re-entered our room at least three times in a row. We would get around 5 rooms down, I'd remember something, we'd turn around. No joke. And it was all me, not my daughter LOL

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Not a bad day except for rain

KylesMom
06-28-2012, 03:48 PM
I bet you were ready to start chanting "Rain, rain, go AWAY"! Sounds like some wonderful dining today even if Mother Nature wasn't cooperating. Hoping for a few rays of sunshine tomorrow for you! :mickey:

Disney-4-Me
07-01-2012, 09:23 PM
You had me crying I was laughing so hard at your 50's Prime Time description. Thanks for writing about the drinks you are having too! Delicious!

amorillo
07-08-2012, 03:02 PM
after many disney trips... we are finally trying cali grill on our upcoming trip in oct. can not wait! sounds like another great day. we love 50's prime time too!

vizsla
07-11-2012, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the report.

January-2007
07-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Thanks for reporting.

DizNee143
07-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Beides all the rain sounds like you all had another nice day! :mickey: