PDA

View Full Version : Which seating is better for dinner

tinkerbellvr123
06-14-2012, 09:58 AM
Okay so my friend and I are going on the disney cruise for my birthday :party:. I have been on the dream before and thats the one were taking. When I was on the disney dream, we had first seating dinner. In your opinion which seating is better for an 18 and a 19 year old? First or Second? Thank youuu! :mickey:

Ed
06-14-2012, 12:34 PM
We prefer second seating. Not nearly as many young cranky children as at the earlier seating, and gives you more time to goof off before dinner.

Belle of the Ball 051411
06-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Second seating. It gives you more of a day in my opinion, before you have to go get ready for dinner. You will also find less kids at the second seating.

tinkerbellvr123
06-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Okay. Thank Youu!!:mickey:

Lindsey310
08-12-2012, 09:08 AM
While I do think the second seating is a little too late (8:15pm), I prefer this one to the first. Barely any children and ditto for the shows too.
And got a table for the four of us alone. I would stick with the second seating.

17 days until we go "home" to Disney!!!!!! :mickey::party:

joanna71985
08-12-2012, 06:57 PM
I had first seating on my last cruise, but now I have second for my upcoming cruise in Oct. I'm looking forward to seeing which one I like better

Christine
08-12-2012, 09:26 PM
That's a tough one ! I had first seating on the Dream and second seating on the Magic. Each had pros and cons.

Either way, you have to wrap up your day early to go dress. You're either going to early dinner or the early show.

But the late dinner was hard for me. I was STARVING and I do not like eating a three course meal til 10pm...too heavy. (Especially when wanting to head to the D-Lounge afterwards.

It's a toughie. I think I'll skip half the dinners on my next cruise. I'm not that worried about the foodie experience, truly. I would rather grab something and keep on going!

BrerGnat
08-13-2012, 09:20 AM
We have early seating for our upcoming cruise. We have young kids, though, so there is NO WAY they would be able to sit through dinner so late at night. Similarly, we are used to eating around 6pm at home, so I don't want to throw my body off too much by eating a huge meal so late at night.

Even if we didn't have kids, we'd probably opt for first seating.

I would rather sit through the show on a full stomach than a rumbling, hungry one.

ElenitaB
08-13-2012, 09:22 PM
We had first seating on our first cruise and second seating on our second. I found it much easier to go to shows with the earlier seating. I did not like having to rush out of the show to go to dinner, and then by the time we left dinner it was already getting late. I think if you want to see and enjoy the shows, the earlier seating might be the way to go.

And I did notice that they do try to sit families with kids of a similar age together, but maybe that was just in our area of the restaurants.

DizneyRox
08-13-2012, 09:31 PM
We always request first seating. Tried second seating once and hated it.

I don't enjoy eating that late, show then dinner seems weird, it's easier to get something else to eat if you want to enjoy a port, and a few other reasons.

If you don't want to be around kids, just let them know that on your reservation. There's no guarantee, it is Disney, but the cruise lines tend to be pretty accommodating.

Disdude
08-13-2012, 11:47 PM
We've always had second seating. We are on the Dream at the end of the week and we have main. I'm not really looking forward to it. We have always enjoyed going to the main show, then taking in one of the shows in the lounges before dinner. Then we make our way to the room. I'm worried that after a big meal, my daughter and 5 year old are going to want to crash.