PDA

View Full Version : Need Hotel for one night

Septbride2002
06-13-2012, 11:43 AM
We are planning to take a short trip in June 2013 to celebrate my daughter's 7th bday. She is the only one of us who hasn't had her birthday in Disney yet.

We are going to fly in Thursday night - I hate to use our DVC points for that night so I'm looking for a cheap place - probably off site that we can stay in that night and then we will check into Bay Lake Towers first thing Friday morning.

Thanks for the help!

~Amanda

MW1218
06-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Sounds like a job for Pop Century, or All-Star, so you can take advantage of the Magical Express if you are interested in that. If not, another benefit of staying that one night on property is you can drop your luggage off in the lobby in the morning, let them know its going to Bay Lake Tower, and go enjoy the parks. They will move your luggage for you so that you don't waste the morning moving all of your things from one hotel to BLT. Have a wonderful trip!

ThanxForNoticin
06-13-2012, 12:44 PM
There are literally hundreds of options for you. It's probably best to go to the web site for Holiday Inn or some other chain that you're familiar with. There are a couple HI Expresses we have stayed at and had no issues - plus you get free wireless and breakfast in the deal. If you're a AAA member, you can save a few dollars more at most of the chains. I'd be surprised if you couldn't get a pretty good deal on a room for a Thursday night. Have a great trip!

buzznwoodysmom
06-13-2012, 03:38 PM
We almost always arrive a night early and usually try to stay at one of the value resorts. We've been lucky to also rent points from DVC friends and try new DVC resorts for close to the price of a value. Anytime we can go that route we do, but the values are an excellent place for a cheap first night.

brownie
06-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Pop Century or the All-Stars are probably worth looking into.

c&d
06-14-2012, 09:39 AM
It's standard for us to stay at ASMo before checking into our DVC. We pack our stuff for the next day into our carry ons so we don't have to worry about going thru our luggage to find clothes for the next day.

PETE FROM NYC
06-14-2012, 05:42 PM
We are DVC members too, and we drive to WDW. I always allow an extra day of travel in case of bad weather or car trouble. The last 2 trips DW and I stayed one night at Knights Inn on 192 just west of WDW entrance. Clean rooms, free continental bkfast, all for under $40/ night 2 yrs ago.