PDA

View Full Version : Disadvantages to buying tickets NOT from Disney?

kg00616
06-13-2012, 10:35 AM
I was looking at buying park tickets from The Official Ticket Center (that is linked to from here) because they have the buy 4 days, get the 5th free. But I'm wondering if there are any disadvantages to doing so? We're booking our room through a friend that works at Disney so we won't be booking those together anyway. Last time we went, we booked a package so I think I remember that everything was tied to the room. Is there a way to do this with tickets purchased elsewhere?

Any advice would be appreciated!

joonyer
06-13-2012, 10:53 AM
We have purchased passes from OTC for several trips. They are no disadvantages, except you have to have them mailed to you or pick them up when you get to Orlando. There is an $8.00 charge to have them shipped to you. Or they will deliver to your resort ($10.00) but you have to be present to take delivery. That is the only disadvantage. But even with shipping or delivery cost added in, we have always saved money when buying from them. They will meet or beat any online prices on park passes.

SBETigg
06-13-2012, 11:03 AM
I prefer having my tickets attached to my room key. Buying them elsewhere, you get separate tickets, and they're flimsy by comparison to the key card but not really a big disadvantage there if you're saving money. The issue is that you're not always saving money in the end, so I would check out all options before buying.

DisneyDINK
06-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, you can't use the Disney Rewards Benefit card at a non-Disney location such as the Official Ticket Center. I guess you could call that a disadvantage, but it doesn't apply to non cardholders. Yes, you could juggle things around, but I like to use the Rewards for APs or park tickets.

Tigerinvestigator
06-13-2012, 11:38 AM
We are sold on the Official ticket center now. They are absolutely great to do business with. They are very easy to get to when you arrive at WDW and right next to Walmart if you are going to pick up items before your stay. Our cards in December were not the flimsy kind but credit card type. Every time before that they have been the paper tickets. We ALWAYS save money and a pretty substantial amount with five park hoppers!:thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
06-13-2012, 11:51 AM
I prefer having my tickets attached to my room key. Buying them elsewhere, you get separate tickets, and they're flimsy by comparison to the key card but not really a big disadvantage there if you're saving money. The issue is that you're not always saving money in the end, so I would check out all options before buying.

You can have the seperate flimsy paper tickets attached to your room key when you arrive, they just transfer it. So then you are able to use the KTTW card instead of the paper tickets.

DBF and I have been buying our tickets through OTC the past couple trips and prior to that I used a Borders Rewards program that I got discount tickets from. There have never been any disadvantages for us in doing so.

Goofster
06-13-2012, 12:47 PM
We've been buying ours through an online site (not sure if I can identify it on here) for the past 6 or so trips. Cheaper than Disney, they don't charge Florida sales tax and shipping is only $2. When I check-in, I have them transferred to our room keys.

CleveRocks
06-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Yes, not only can you have those tickets coded onto your Key To The World card, but in case you decide not to, rest assured that they are NOT flimsy paper. They are made of Tyvek, the stuff they wrap new-construction houses with to weatherproof them. Tyvek is almost indestructible. You can't tear it with your hands, it'll stand up to washings, and so on ... it's actually more sturdy/less fragile than the plastic KTTW cards.