PDA

View Full Version : Candy lady in Japan

madi47
06-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Can someone tell me if she is gone?! I know I have looked for her in the past year and haven't seen her. I hope not but I fear that she is. :sad:

azcavalier
06-13-2012, 08:43 AM
Pretty sure she's not. We saw her in December. It was our first time stopping to watch her. She's amazing!

Wolf
06-13-2012, 09:19 AM
We saw her last October, she does 15-20ish minute shows every few hours, I think shes on the epcot schedule, she's so amazing I got a Hummingbird from her one year for my birthday and it made me so happy!! I would listen to her talk for days, she said "Scary shark for youuu" one time and I recorded it, sooo cute!!

waymickey
06-14-2012, 02:21 PM
We got a porcupine! she is amazing and her work is awesome. Just don't try to eat the candy! :ill:

Mousemates
06-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Well, I hate to do it but I must admit I have no idea who the Candy Lady is...could someone offer a bit of enlightenment for the unknowing? :mickey:

PlutoToo
06-14-2012, 06:18 PM
She is a woman who takes corn syrup of a taffy-like consistency to shape animals on a stick in a very short time. She is great fun to watch, and takes requests from her audience as to what animal (real or imaginary) she makes.

Ian
06-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Her cart was still there when we were down in May. I haven't heard that she left.

If you want to see who she is just look up like "Epcot Candy Lady" on You Tube and you'll find her.

Polynesian Dweller
06-14-2012, 10:21 PM
We got a porcupine! she is amazing and her work is awesome. Just don't try to eat the candy! :ill:

Unfortunately, Miyuki can no longer give the candy sculptures to guests. It's not clear why this was stopped but there has been suggestion it was due to health codes.

Even so, her artwork is amazing and is a good 20 minute show.

Wolf
06-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Oh goodness how sad!! I never tried to eat mine, I put mine in a fake plant and just looked at it for awhile until the alabama heat got to it, guess I'm luckier than I even thought!! Her show is so amazing, MouseMates, for sure try to see her next time your in the Japan pavillion of Epcot!!

BugeyedMuggy
06-15-2012, 09:48 AM
We saw her in April this year. Miyuki is on the daily schedule posted on the calendar for EPCOT on disney's site.

Ian
06-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Unfortunately, Miyuki can no longer give the candy sculptures to guests. It's not clear why this was stopped but there has been suggestion it was due to health codes.I'm not surprised ... I always thought it was a bit strange that she handed the stuff out like that.

With all the sensitivity to food allergies, bacteria, etc. these days it just seemed like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

That being said, it is sad because my kids used to get so excited when she'd make something for them and they'd get to take it home.

Crow
06-15-2012, 01:23 PM
yes she was still there a few wks ago, i saw her. repeating the same lines over...shes been there a while so must have a good contract.
The drummers seemed diff this time, they were all female.
and i must comment on the acrobats in China...not nearly as good as the Dragon Legend Acrobats used to be

Ian
06-15-2012, 08:25 PM
yes she was still there a few wks ago, i saw her. repeating the same lines over...Present for you ... I show you how to make. :rotfl:

madi47
06-16-2012, 08:35 AM
thanks all! I guess I just was going there at the wrong times. We have seen her many times and were lucky enough to get some of her "candy carmela" but we never ate it....I suppose that is a good thing!!

Crow
06-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Present for you ... I show you how to make. :rotfl:

yes..candy candy....

Wolf
06-18-2012, 12:16 PM
Scary shark for youuu

Mousemates
06-18-2012, 02:45 PM
She is a woman who takes corn syrup of a taffy-like consistency to shape animals on a stick in a very short time. She is great fun to watch, and takes requests from her audience as to what animal (real or imaginary) she makes.

Dr. Disney
07-11-2012, 12:53 AM
Going to WDW in October without the kids for the first time since 2001. Looking forward to taking the time to see these much over-looked treasures!! :mickey:

LandFan
07-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Present for you ... I show you how to make. :rotfl:

:funny:

I can hear her saying it now!!

amorillo
07-12-2012, 04:20 PM
interesting.... we've been checking out her show on every trip since 2003. last year we seemed to miss her... several times we stopped by when she was to be there... but she never showed :( and my kids always eat the candy.... they usually never even made it back to the hotel. and they never got sick? hmmm.. we have lots of photos and video of her at work. she is amazing.

Disney4
07-16-2012, 05:04 PM
The show times are posted outside the entrace to the store in the plaza by the zen garden. Take a look.

I saw her in June and count myself lucky that we were able to get a beautiful giraffe from her a couple of years ago before Disney disallowed the distribution of the candy! :thumbsup:

FriendsofMickey
07-16-2012, 07:42 PM
We also saw her in June (for the first time). We asked her if there was a way to purchase the candy and she told us that the candy is taken to a Children's Hospital.

MaterializedHaunt
07-17-2012, 03:17 PM
I've seen her on youtube a bunch of times and the crafting she does is so neat! I hope to see her this year as I have never seen her yet! But I rarely stop for the sideshows. This year I plan on doing more of them.

- MaterializedHaunt :hmghost: