PDA

View Full Version : Last-Minute (no joke!) Birthday Bash Trip Report Reveal & Arrival

tinksmom02
06-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Cast: me, ready for Disney or a padded room
Jenna, DD9, the unsuspecting cohort to my plans

The reveal:

I couldn't figure out how to tell Jenna about this last-minute trip, and finally settled on putting the DME and boarding pass papers in the printer. I "asked" Jenna to grab them for me--which aggravated her to no end, because she was comfy cozy watching TV LOL, but she did it. I grabbed my cell phone while she was gone to video her response.

She grabbed the papers for me, and I asked her to take a look at them (they were all folded up from having been in my purse so I'm surprised that she didn't look at them without me asking). Here's what she said: "Hey, I'm a Miss!" :confused: That's what she took from the paper? LOL Finally she looked closely at it and had the freak out I was expecting. I told her I was really in the mood for a Pineapple Float and would she go to Disney with me? She didn't believe me until I dragged the suitcase down the hallway!

A few minutes after that we left to get to the airport--I know a lot of people don't like Spirit but I really, really love the convenience of the Atlantic City Airport. An hour from leaving our house & we were in line to check in--can't beat that!

We had a quick meal at the airport, surprisingly good. Our flight left on time, landed on time, and got right on a DME bus. It was pouring out, but we were hopeful it would end soon.

We were in our room at POP within an hour of landing. We had a ground floor room in building 9, which I was very pleased with--when I did online checkin the only request I made was to be near transportation, and I felt that our room was pretty close to the bus stop--not too close that noise bothered us, but not too far away from everything, either.

If you read my pre-trip report you'll remember that part of the reason this trip happened was because I had purchased APs in advance of the price hike a week ago, so after dropping off our stuff and briefly checking out the hotel, we made our way to the bus stop to head to MK. The rain had slowed to a drizzle & by the time we got to MK it had stopped completely.

Jenna was exhausted by this point, and only more so after it took over 45 minutes to get our APs activated. UGH, not fun. BUT we got to see the Avengerail, so that was pretty cool. By the time we were done she was starving so we ran into the park to grab some corn dog nuggets from Casey's (yum), where we waited in line for 20 minutes. WHAT? Fortunately, the Main Street Electrical Parade was going on, so Jenna was occupied. And fortunately, the nuggets & fries were amazing. UNfortunately, we got stuck waiting for the parade before we could leave the park. Fortunately, we got out of the park before the masses & got on a bus fairly quickly. Headed back to the room and got to bed. Not an exciting start to the trip, but still, we're in Disney!!

cer
06-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Yay! I am so glad you are writing a trip report! I love your spontaneity!

mouseketeer mom
06-13-2012, 07:28 AM
I love the reveal, but why 45 mins to activate the AP's??? Ugh. I have to activate ours next month, and 45 mins is huge. Especially when its your first day and your just so excited to get going!! Looking forward to more!

faline
06-13-2012, 07:59 AM
What a terrific surprise for your daughter! Between the crowds and the rain, though, it doesn't feel like the best of beginnings - BUT you're in Disney!!

tinksmom02
06-13-2012, 07:59 AM
I love the reveal, but why 45 mins to activate the AP's??? Ugh. I have to activate ours next month, and 45 mins is huge. Especially when its your first day and your just so excited to get going!! Looking forward to more!

There were 3 windows open, and apparently 3 families with problems ahead of us. Then, the woman who processed ours seems to be...less competent, let's say? She screwed up our TIW card and someone came over to help us and gave us a front of the line pass for any ride. UNfortunately, it was only good for that night, and Jenna could barely handle the walk up Main Street to get something to eat LOL

T-Belle
06-13-2012, 09:38 AM
I loved your reveal! Can't wait for the rest of your report!

Belle of the Ball 051411
06-13-2012, 09:42 AM
LOVE your reveal! I hope the rest of your trip gets more magical!

Mickey'sGirl
06-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Terrific! I'm looking forward to reading your reports!

emerzmom
06-14-2012, 12:25 PM
What a fun surprise for your "Miss" Daughter! Too cute!
:mickey:
Julie

Joannelet
06-17-2012, 09:26 PM
My mom swears by Spirit in AC as well. :) love the reveal and I love that you are in Disney!