PDA

View Full Version : Random Disneyness...or Disney Randomness

Main Street Jim
06-12-2012, 07:53 PM
So the wife and I go out for ice cream last night - just out of the blue (or, "for the heck of it" :) ). We're standing in line at the window (it's a *little* ice cream stand, literally, in town), and there's a guy with four young girls (daughters?) sitting on the bench, just eating their ice cream. There's a couple in front of us, and all of a sudden I hear, "...at the Contemporary, Chef Mickey's...in Cinderella's (sic) Castle, there's the Princess dinner, et al..." I *soooooo* wanted to "jump" into the conversation, but the wife was like, "Noooo....NOOOOOOO.....this way, c'mon, walk this way...." :) :mickey:

I tell her, "Oh you know how bad I wanted to get in on *that* conversation...." LOLOLOL...

So, then, tonight, sitting at the breakfast bar, she was like, "I wanna go to Disney right now!" Hhahahahahhahaaaaaaa...

We're actually planning a Summer 2014 trip with her sister and her husband, and their daughter. He's never been outside of *OHIO*....LOL....

BraddyB
06-12-2012, 08:58 PM
I know what you mean ! I get sucked into other peoples conversations about Disney.

I also feel bad for the people I work with because I start comparing things to Disney. I think they think I am nuts. And I am, for Disney !!!

I went multiple times when I was younger and thought it was ok, but after not going for 15 years and growing up, I am totally in love with the place.

Its like an old friend I didn't know how much I missed and appreciated until we went for our honeymoon. Now I could live there, no joke, I tried when my wife had a job offer in Orlando, but I couldnt get her to budge :mad: ha ha ha.

Ms. Mode
06-13-2012, 07:04 AM
It's funny the everyday things that will make you think of WDW. It was by a random conversation with a couple in November that got my DD and her husband a free honeymoon to WDW...they were his relatives and had a timeshare! New son-in-law had never been until the honeymoon; now he's busy planning the next trip! Funny how catching a disease it is. :)

buzznwoodysmom
06-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Hahaha, that's a funny story.

I've overheard Disney convos several times and it's always tough to not jump in!

I've been surprised at the amount of Disney conversations my Disney World 40th Dooney purse has sparked. I had no idea so many people would notice my purse, comment on it, then go on to talk about how much they love Disney World, or how much they wish they had purchased the purse for themselves.

Wolf
06-13-2012, 09:27 AM
I was in walmart recently just getting groceries and the check out lady asked me "Wow did you just get back from Disney or something" I responded "Last October, why do you ask?" (Me hoping I could advise this woman on how amazing the World is :) ) she's like "Cause you have a lot of Mickey stuff" I look down, disney dooney purse, wristlet that I use for my wallet, lanyard for my keychain and t-shirt...I'm not the most stylish 25 year old you've ever met, I just told the lady "You should see my Mom, she's worse" and we had a jolly chuckle. 107 days!!! Eeeeeeek!!!

Belle of the Ball 051411
06-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Too funny!

So are you going to try and go before your 2014 trip?!

buzznwoodysmom
06-13-2012, 09:35 AM
I was in walmart recently just getting groceries and the check out lady asked me "Wow did you just get back from Disney or something" I responded "Last October, why do you ask?" (Me hoping I could advise this woman on how amazing the World is :) ) she's like "Cause you have a lot of Mickey stuff" I look down, disney dooney purse, wristlet that I use for my wallet, lanyard for my keychain and t-shirt...I'm not the most stylish 25 year old you've ever met, I just told the lady "You should see my Mom, she's worse" and we had a jolly chuckle. 107 days!!! Eeeeeeek!!!

Hahaha, this reminds me of a chat DH and I had over a lunch date one time. I'm not sure why we were talking about this, but it was about how some people are over the top about different things, sports, religion, work, whatever. Then I notice that I have my Disney purse, a Disney phone cover, Disney keychain, a tin of Disney mints in my purse, my pearl ring I got in Epcot, I have on Laila parfume, and my car sitting outside has a Disney plate on the front, as well as Disney CDs in the CD changer. Noooo, I'm not over the top at all!!!!!! LOL.

Wolf
06-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Hahaha, this reminds me of a chat DH and I had over a lunch date one time. I'm not sure why we were talking about this, but it was about how some people are over the top about different things, sports, religion, work, whatever. Then I notice that I have my Disney purse, a Disney phone cover, Disney keychain, a tin of Disney mints in my purse, my pearl ring I got in Epcot, I have on Laila parfume, and my car sitting outside has a Disney plate on the front, as well as Disney CDs in the CD changer. Noooo, I'm not over the top at all!!!!!! LOL.

:mickey: Not a thing wrong with that in my book...which has Mickey on the cover..:blush: