PDA

View Full Version : EpcotChic's Very Rainy Trip Report

EpcotChic23
06-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Date: June 4th-June11th
Cast of Characters
Me-32 Disney Nut have been to WDW around 30 times
DH-36 Never went to WDW until he met me. We were celebrating our 7 wedding anniversary while down there
DD- Almost 3 year old daughter, this is her fourth trip
DM- My mom
DF-My Dad
DB- My brother

It was a family affair.

We had a very early flight out of Newark on Monday the 4th. I was super nervous about flying with DD this time. Just earlier I heard of a 3 year old getting kicked off a plane because he would not wear a seatbelt. I can totally picture my DD doing that. The car picked us up at 4:15am for our 6:20 flight. Waking my DD up was the easiest it ever was. When she heard we were going to Mickey’s house she jumped out of bed and got dressed immediately.

Check in and security was a breeze. Grabbed some breakfast and coffee and waited to board. Our flight was not full. DD gave me no problems going in her seat and wearing her seatbelt. As soon as we took off she fell asleep. I was so happy! She slept for most of the ride. We arrived a few minutes early and walked to ME. Our bus was there we walked on and within 5 min we were on our way to the Poly!!! It was sunny and beautiful we will not see much of Mr. Sun during this trip. The Poly was the first stop. We requested a first floor adjoing rooms but according to the cast member they were at 100% capacity and could not accommodate us. We got 2nd floor in Samoa building our rooms were next to each other but not connected. My folks room was ready so we went there dropped our bags and had a late breakfast at Kona. This was the first time I had the coffee there and OMG was it amazing. I am not normally a coffee drinker but it was just amazing. Once we were done we looked around the shops a little and went back to my parent’s room because ours was not ready yet. Within being in their room for 10 min we found out our room was ready. We waited another 30-40 min and our bags were delivered. I decided to take DD to the pool and let DH rest up the early flight really got to him.

Went to the pool with DD and DF and she was hooked she LOVED the pool. I took a break and got my “I am finally on vacation Mai Ti” from the pool bar. A tradition for me and I always have a Lupa Lupa on my last night. After staying outside for a little over an hour DD looked tired so I brought her back to the room. We dressed her and she passed out on the bed. I let her nap a little before our 6:00pm PS at the plaza our first night tradition.

We eventually were all up and headed to the MK. I had to pick up my annual pass at Guest Relations; I paid for it already so I had to physically pick it up. We caught the tail end of the Move it Shake it parade. We got called for dinner. I got the tomato bisque soup and a Ruben, very delicious, if I remember correctly everyone else got cheesesteak sandwiches.

After dinner DH , DD and myself stayed in the MK while my folks went back to the hotel. We walked over to Tomorrowland. The line for the People Mover was horrible so we bypassed it. Club 626 was going on so DD danced with Stitch for a while until the big kids started pushing her (not a purpose they just didn’t see her). That mad DD a little scared and was ready to leave.

DH took DD on the speedway since she was tall enough to go on it. She was so cute!! After that it was 8pm already. I have been up since 3:30 so I was getting tired so we headed back to the hotel. I went to the beach to save our seats for the movie which was The Lion King one of DD favs. Before it began they were showing a preview of a new Tron animated show. Not my cup of tea. DD was playing the sand and watching the movie while I enjoyed a Banana Cabana. Around 10 I could not keep my eyes open so we went back to the room. I gave DD a bath and once she got her pjs on she walked into a bed said goodnight mommy and daddy and passed out. I was shocked, my DD is such a bad sleeper and I usually have to fight with her to go to bed. The whole trip she was an amazing sleeper!!! DH and I followed her very shortly. There is nothing better than going to bed and knowing your vacation is just starting. I smile and go to bed.

Wolf
06-12-2012, 03:27 PM
What an amazing first day!!!

Tinkerbella16
06-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Sounds like a wonderful first day! Can't wait to read about the rest of the trip! :mickey:

the other micki
06-12-2012, 05:06 PM
How fun! I like your Disney traditions! I guess your DD was totally worn out!

Kairi_7378
06-12-2012, 05:37 PM
How nice that you were able to partake in so many traditions on your first day!

My son is a horrible hotel sleeper... except at WDW. Probably because of how busy we are... but I prefer to call it pixie dust for Mom and Dad so we can get a good nights' sleep, too :)

faline
06-12-2012, 06:01 PM
What a lovely start to your trip AND you are staying at my most favorite resort!!:thumbsup:

Belle of the Ball 051411
06-12-2012, 06:11 PM
What a great first day! And you're right: going to bed and knowing that your vacation is just starting is the best!!!

Tigerinvestigator
06-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Great first day. It seems like you got alot in, including some much needed rest. Your DD sounds like my youngest who almost never sleeps at home but has no trouble at WDW. I agree and have said a million times there is no better feeling on earth than arriving at WDW and that first night realizing you have a whole vacation in front of you.....but then there is no worse feeling than the last night..lol. The Poly is my favorite resort as well. Thanks for the report.:thumbsup:

princessgirls
06-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Perfect first day!

From beginning to end, everything went smooth!!

Julie:mickey:

tinksmom02
06-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Great first day! How did you manage to keep everyone from running into a park as soon as you got there? Your way sounds much more relaxed than ours typically are LOL

Mickey'sGirl
06-14-2012, 10:00 AM
I think the Poly Volcano pool is the very best pool with little kids. My son LOVED it at your daughter's age! What a great day ... and since you can't control the weather, it is best to have a Lapu :papple: Lapu and carry on! Well done!

emerzmom
06-14-2012, 11:49 AM
What a great first day! The best night is the first one when you are there, the vacation has started, and you still have so much more of it ahead of you.....
:cloud9:
Julie

WDWFRK
06-20-2012, 05:13 PM
There is nothing better than "Disney tired" sleep. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
06-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Your traveling with a little one sounds like it went super smoothly! Good thing. What a wonderful first day.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Great start

Mackflava99
06-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Great start to your trip,

I always enjoy the outdoor movies !!

KylesMom
06-28-2012, 03:12 PM
What a wonderful first day - easy travel, quick arrival, a "welcome to vacation mai-tai", Magic Kingdom and good sleep. Can't ask for anything more! Doesn't sound like the weather is going to cooperate though. Looking forward to reading more :mickey:

Disney-4-Me
07-01-2012, 08:44 PM
What a wonderful start! It sounds perfect!:mickey:

Bethanymouse
07-01-2012, 09:22 PM
A great start! Cant wait to read more!

amorillo
07-08-2012, 02:46 PM
sounds like a great first day! everything went so smoothly (except for the connecting room issue). can wait to read more.

vizsla
07-09-2012, 05:20 AM
Thanks for the report.

Darbylew
07-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Sounds like you are off to a good start. Hope
your time where will be wonderful. Have a
great time. :thumbsup::mickey:

January-2007
07-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Thanks for reporting!

DizNee143