PDA

View Full Version : Can you stay for fireworks after the Luau?

wagjb
06-12-2012, 01:10 PM
We are going to Disney in December and I noticed the fireworks are at 10PM on Saturday. If we went to the 8PM luau (90 minutes long) can we stay and see the fireworks from Poly?

I thought I remembered from the past a suggestion to watch them from the beach. I have not been in a while so I am not sure if that is a viable option or not at this point.

Thanks.

DizneyRox
06-12-2012, 03:31 PM
I've watched them from the poly in the past, didn't even go to the luau... So, if you wanted to save yourself some cash, cancel the luau and just go for the fireworks, you'll be fine...

disneykidsince1970
06-12-2012, 03:38 PM
ABSOLUTELY!!!

Have a great time.

Aloha,
Nikki:mickey:

wagjb
06-12-2012, 04:23 PM
DizneyRox -
My original post was about adding the fireworks as an extra benefit after the luau.

Why do you suggest I not attend the luau? Is it not worth it?

DizneyRox
06-12-2012, 05:02 PM
I understand what you were asking, just trying to save you some disappointment... Search Luau Reviews pretty much anywhere online and you'll not find a whole lot of positive reviews.

There are a few, I loved it - some , glad I tried it once, but I won't go back, but you'll find significantly more, wasted two hours of my life, poor service, horrible food comments than anything else.

I have no desire to waste my time there again, even if someone else offered to pay, I'd decline. There are much better ways to spend your money or use your dining credits than to possibly take a risk on what I undestand to be a pretty unpopular show.

SBETigg
06-12-2012, 05:37 PM
You'll find many different opinions on different restaurants and experiences. I've never let negative people stop me from something I might actually enjoy. Everyone is different. If it's something you think you would enjoy, you should probably go on and go for it. And yes, you can watch the fireworks/Electric Water Pageant from the beach afterwards if timing works for you.

buzznwoodysmom
06-12-2012, 05:58 PM
You can definitely watch the fireworks from the beach after the luau. We watch Wishes from the Poly beach after dinner at Ohana's on the first night of every one of our trips.

As far as the Luau....We did it once, I'm glad we did it, no regrets, but likely won't do it again. The food wasn't anything memorable, the show was fun, but a bit slow, and it wasn't a cheap experience. That said, I am glad we did it once. There are actually people out there that love it, and have done it multiple times. To each his/her own! I think you should try it for yourself, you may really enjoy it!

faline
06-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Unless you are there on a very busy night like 4th of July or New Year's Eve (on nights like that, they may reserve the Poly beach for guests of the Poly), you can certainly watch the fireworks from the beach there.

As for as the luau goes - I enjoyed the prior incarnation of the luau better than the current version. Still, you will see some dancing that you would not likely see unless you went to Hawaii or another island where such dancing is part of the culture. On our last visit the food was plentiful and good. We enjoyed ourselves and did not regret having had the experience.