PDA

View Full Version : stroller questions - DLR

Mary Chase
06-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Considering renting a stroller for my son at DLR. A couple questions:

1) I heard that there was a Disney Visa discount - anyone know the details on that? I looked on the Disney Visa website and it's not there - not sure if they discontinued it or not.

2) I heard you CAN park hop with the stroller - but can't go outside the security area - does anyone know what that entails? Is it possible to take the strollers into DTD? If not, let's say you wanted to leave a park and go eat at DTD -would you return the stroller in the park and could you get another one if you returned to the park? I'm pretty sure the answer to that would be yes, but wanted to be sure.

3) Does anyone know the discount for getting a length of stay rental?

tinkwest
06-13-2012, 12:40 AM
1. I think the Disney Visa discount has been discontinued.

2. Rented strollers can not go in to DTD but can go back and forth between Disneyland and DCA. If I'm not mistaken, if you do go in to DTD and are planning on returning to the parks that day you can park your stroller near the security gates and pick it back up when you return, just as you would do when visiting an attraction.

3. Have not heard of a length of stay rental. Would have to research that.

BrerGnat
06-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Linda is correct.

There is an area to "park" your stroller if you want to go into Downtown Disney. You cannot take it beyond the bag check. Just realize, Downtown Disney isn't tiny. Depending on how old your child is, you might reconsider and bring your own stroller.

I don't believe DLR has a "length of stay" stroller rental option like WDW.