PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Disney Golf Balls?

Mammabruski
06-12-2012, 11:19 AM
My Dad is a golf fanatic, and he'll be golfing three times while we're there next week (:cloud9:), and for Father's Day I'd like to get him some Disney golf balls.

The thing is we get there on Saturday and we're not going outside our resort area that night, but we're going to MK on Sunday. Has anyone seen golf balls at the Contemporary Resort shops? Or any of the shops on the Monorail loop? If it comes to it I can get them on Sunday at the MK, any shops there to look for them? Would the Emporium have them?

Thanks all! I can't believe the trip is only 4 days away!!!

Strmchsr
06-12-2012, 11:40 AM
I know Emporium has them as well as other golf items. I think they're in the Contemporary gift shop, but not 100% sure on that.

DisneyDINK
06-12-2012, 11:40 AM
I've seen them in gift shops all over WDW.

Just keep in mind a lot of golf fanatics are kinda particular about their golf balls. The Disney balls may not get played much, although I'm sure he'll appreciate the gesture.

minnie04
06-12-2012, 03:12 PM
I know for sure in Downtown Disney they have them at the Team Mickey Athletic Club
store. Im sure they have them as well in the shops around the resorts. They always have a section with a few sports items :mickey:

Wolf
06-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Emporium has a really cool guy section towards the back, I found a golf shirt for my Dad a few years back there, I am pretty sure they would have golf balls there as well. Have a great trip!!

Mammabruski
06-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Thanks folks! Looks like it should be fairly easy to get this for my Dad...

Just keep in mind a lot of golf fanatics are kinda particular about their golf balls. The Disney balls may not get played much, although I'm sure he'll appreciate the gesture.

Yep, it's a gesture more than anything... My little ones know their "Papa" loves golf, so they will enjoy giving him some Mickey golf balls!

BraddyB
06-12-2012, 09:12 PM
I have Disney golf balls but I don't use any of them. Like it was said before golfers are particular about which kind they use.

But with that being said, I have mine on display with ones from other courses I have collected over the years. So I am sure he will like them!!!

Another thought that I have seen down there, especially in the World of Sports in DTD is they have Disney Golf Ball Marks, Divot Tools,Golf Towels, as well golf shirts and hats.

I use my Disney golf ball markers on the course !!

PopPhan
06-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Another thought that I have seen down there, especially in the World of Sports in DTD is they have Disney Golf Ball Marks, Divot Tools,Golf Towels, as well golf shirts and hats.

I use my Disney golf ball markers on the course !!

Not trying to hijack the thread, but does anyone happen to know if they have the 'Poker Chip' style of ball markers anywhere? Those I might purchase....not to use, as I think they are way too big, but for show. Mickey on a Black chip; Minnie on a Red one, Donald = Blue; Goofy = Orange; Daisy = Pink; the Disney Golf logo on a "special" Gold or White one; etc.....

DisneyDINK
06-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread, but does anyone happen to know if they have the 'Poker Chip' style of ball markers anywhere? Those I might purchase....not to use, as I think they are way too big, but for show. Mickey on a Black chip; Minnie on a Red one, Donald = Blue; Goofy = Orange; Daisy = Pink; the Disney Golf logo on a "special" Gold or White one; etc.....

Bud, I've never seen 'em, and I doubt they exist; I doubt they'll ever exist. Here's my reasoning: Disney has taken a pretty solid anti-gambling stance. They have been opposed to gaming in Florida, especially close to the parks and they still (correct me if I am wrong) don't have gaming on the ships. I know we're talking about a novelty item, but I really doubt you'll see Disney selling (or otherwise licensing) character images on poker chips, even as ball markers.

Don't get me wrong, if I see a set I'll buy 'em and then send you an email to let you know where to get 'em! :mickey: