PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe

homeschool mom
06-12-2012, 08:11 AM
I will be able to make our ADR's soon. We have never eaten at Whispering Canyon Cafe and I'm thinking that would be a good place for dinner on our arrival day (Dec. 16). Is it a good/fun place to eat. It would be myself, DH, DD's 18, 19 & 21 and DS's 11 and 13.

CajunDisneyDad
06-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Its a blast. It really is one of my favorite places to eat. Just keep an open mind, and have fun with it. I dont want to ruin any of the special things they do, just remember its Disney, and even the servers have a part to play ;)

Melanie
06-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Love WCC, and it's been a part of all my recent expanded Disney trips. I say go for it, and I bet you all will have a blast!

wildernesslady
06-12-2012, 09:49 AM
One of our favorites for any meal. Make sure to play along.

PlutoPlanet
06-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Yes, WCC is fun. It is good to like Bar be cue style food. The wait staff is entertaining. Our DD16 loves it.

BrerGnat
06-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Love WCC! I am a fan of smoked meats, so this place is one of my favorites at WDW. I've always had a good experience here, dating back to 1997. :thumbsup:

joonyer
06-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Be sure to ask for some ketchup.

DVC2004
06-12-2012, 01:44 PM
I won't give too much away but the experience relies heavily on your server. We've had a great time there several times, but our last trip when we were celebrating a birthday and graduation ,sadly, was extremely disappointing. I don't know if we'll be back. Overall this isn't the norm though as most people have a really great experience.

The skillet is a good choice there as are the shakes. Ask for straws and ketchup.

Tinkerbella16
06-12-2012, 02:38 PM
On our last trip, WCC was one of the meals we booked for the week and it was one of our favorites! The food was awesome, the service is great, and the atmosphere is just laidback and fun. The cornbread is so yummy!!!! :mickey:

January-2007
06-13-2012, 11:43 PM
We went our arrival day this past January for lunch and had a great time. We would definitely return.

2disneyfans
06-15-2012, 05:24 AM
WCC is our traditional first day TS reservation! We love the 'comfort food' and relaxed atmosphere after a long day of traveling and checking in. We love the smoked meats, cornbread, and apple vinagrette on the salad!

darthmacho
06-15-2012, 08:01 AM
Love it! have eaten there all but one trip. Love the food and atmosphere. :mickey:

TexansInNY
06-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Same! Noticed last time the ketchup was in the plastic bottle - lol. Also I drink fast - so I always end up getting served this gallon size soda with 2 foot long straw - funny!

Tri Minnie
06-15-2012, 01:42 PM
This was our least favorite meal on our last trip. The service was good, and we enjoyed exploring the resort. However, other than the milkshakes, which were delicious, we really did not find the food all that tasty. Admittedly, we did not order the skillet, as we are mostly non meat people.

ANG
06-15-2012, 02:58 PM
We are eating there for the first time in October and we are so excited about it. DH doesn't know about the ketchup and I'm not telling him. Will be a hoot when he asks for it.:mickey:

crltkcagle
06-16-2012, 10:41 AM
LOVE IT!! You will love it too!

ImagiAsh
06-16-2012, 07:11 PM
I really enjoyed the atmosphere and experience at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I guess if I had to list one negative, I would say that the menu felt pretty limited to me. Although the food was delicious, I wish there was a larger selection to choose from. Here is the menu (http://intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/resorts/whispering_dinner.asp) for you to take a peak. :mickey:

mydisneygirls
06-16-2012, 10:43 PM
We love WCC. My older daughter and I had the skillet which was very good and my younger daughter had the sirlion steak. In her words, it was the best steak I ever had (I was able to sneak a taste from her and I agree). Our waiter was a hoot right up until the end when I ordered a coffee drink. When bringing it to the table he was shouting...hot stuff coming through and I don't mean the coffee. My daughers talk about that often and laugh. We had a great time and I'm sure you will too!

MNNHFLTX
06-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Same! Noticed last time the ketchup was in the plastic bottle - lol. Also I drink fast - so I always end up getting served this gallon size soda with 2 foot long straw - funny!Lol--last time I was there I asked for a little ice water. The server brought out the tiniest little mason jar glass filled with ice water.