PDA

View Full Version : Characters in Flight

homeschool mom
06-11-2012, 08:17 PM
I would like to do this on our trip in December. Anyone have any strong opinions on it? Thanks.

Altair
06-11-2012, 08:52 PM
We thought it was worth of it for two of us, maybe not for a larger group. We wend during the day, but night might be better. Keep in mind this thing is grounded much of the time. It only takes a little wind to shut it down.:mickey:

Melanie
06-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Dave's right. It's grounded A LOT! Seems like 4 out of the 5 times we're at DTD, it's down.

Polynesian Dweller
06-11-2012, 08:59 PM
For the ride itself, $18 for 10 minutes feels a bit much for me. Yes you can see Spaceship Earth, Everest and so on in the distance for the most part the Florida topography, basically flat is not the most interesting. But, if you haven't done a balloon ride then I'd try it once. For me it's not a repeat.

The biggest problem us getting on the ride. The higher the wind the fewer the passengers and after 22 moh they don't fyu, and that seems to be fairly often. Because of this you can't pre-book and just have to show up and hope its flying. Phoning ahead can help on any given day but if the winds come up, well it won't run. So it's hard to plan for and you have to prepared that it's quite possible you may not get on it during your trip.

HackLaSalle
06-12-2012, 12:05 AM
I enjoyed it. Loved it during the day and think I'll have to try it again at night.

Definitely worth at least one shot.

steamboat willy
07-25-2012, 12:22 PM
From what I've read, I believe this balloon ride has been removed by the owning company due to balloon failure at another operating location.
Developed a TEAR in the balloon resulting in fast decent. whoops!
Check the News, Rumors, Other page.

BugeyedMuggy
07-25-2012, 12:29 PM
The balloon is completely gone. There is still someone there to tell you it is not operating at this time.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-25-2012, 03:14 PM
The details can be found in this thread. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=192584&page=2)

Doesn't seem like it will be back anytime soon.