PDA

View Full Version : horses

K8screen
06-11-2012, 10:46 AM
I dont know where I should post this question, but no doubt someone will move it if its in the wrong place.
Many years ago we went horseback riding at WDW, somewhere near River Country I think. I know this facility isnt there anymore, but I was just curious to know how long ago they stopped it and why. Anyone help?

dnickels
06-11-2012, 11:04 AM
I dont know where I should post this question, but no doubt someone will move it if its in the wrong place.
Many years ago we went horseback riding at WDW, somewhere near River Country I think. I know this facility isnt there anymore, but I was just curious to know how long ago they stopped it and why. Anyone help?

Still there, same place you remember.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/tri-circle-d-ranch-farm/

K8screen
06-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Thanks. I hadnt seen it mentioned on any site or guidebook for years so I assumed it no longer existed. Anybody know how much it costs? It doesnt give prices on the link.

PlutoToo
06-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Are you speaking about pony rides or trail rides? The trail rides start at the Outpost which is at the opposite end of Fort Wilderness from the Settlement where the pony rides are/were. I'm not sure the pony rides are still there. But I have seen the trail rides out and about the last few times we were there.

ThanxForNoticin
06-11-2012, 12:40 PM
On this Intercot site, if you go to 'info central' and 'recreation', there is information about horseback riding. Looks like the cost is around $42 per person. We've done this in the past. The stables are near the Ft Wilderness entrance. It's a very slow and casual walk with the horses - not sure what you might expect from 'riding'!

diz_girl
06-11-2012, 02:05 PM
It's definitely nose-to-tail trail riding. No one is allowed to deviate. So experienced riders (like DH, who used to be a hot walker and exercise rider for thoroughbreds) will find it a bit boring.