PDA

View Full Version : Is March a good time to go?

BKBrinkman
06-11-2012, 08:11 AM
We've always gone to WDW in the summer but are considering a lenghty trip over spring break next March (2013). Has anyone ever gone in March? If so, is there anything that makes it less "special" than going in the summer when things are going full speed? Will we miss anything? Is it cheaper?

We aren't planning on doing the water parks next time anyways so we won't miss that but is swimming in the hotel pool still ok in March in Florida?

Thanks!

faline
06-11-2012, 08:58 AM
The whole period that begins at Presidents day through Easter week is part of the busy spring break season. Depending on the week, how many schools are off that week, and how many folks decide to use spring break for a Disney vacation, you will find crowds that will range from moderate to heavy. There is no way to predict for sure what the crowd levels will be in your chosen week.

Weather could be on the cool side but it might also be warm enough for swmming - espeiclaly during daytime hours.

Wolf
06-11-2012, 09:38 AM
I think that time would be nice because of the crisp weather but Faline is right, check spring break crowds and be mindful of that, otherwise I think it would be a nice change for yall!

MargaretMessler
06-11-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm going to chime in that a friend of mine went with her husband and two small kids this past March, late in the month - I think they left on the 27th - and got in on a free dining deal. If that sways you at all.

I happen to think March is the perfect time to go, along as you don't get swept up during the spring break/school vaca week.

Maleficent_vf
06-11-2012, 07:43 PM
As mentioned by others, spring breaks can have an impact. We have gone in March and thoroughly enjoy the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival. :thumbsup:

homeschool mom
06-14-2012, 08:18 AM
One of our favorite months to go is March. Weather is beautiful and the Flower and Garden Festival is an added bonus.