PDA

View Full Version : Honey I Shrunk the Audience

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
06-11-2012, 02:02 AM
I think it is sad that they closed "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" by Kodak in E.P.C.O.T
and replaced it with Captain EO a ride that features Michael Jackson. Pesonally Honey I Shrunk the Audience brings lot of memories and when they got rid of it I was deeply sadened to hear it was replaced by Captain EO. What are your views did you like the change yes or no?
:dumbo:

GAN
06-11-2012, 04:56 AM
Well, I think Captain EO probably brought back a lot of memories for many people as well. I'm not a MJ fan, but I do remember seeing the original and thinking it was a little "cheesey", I enjoyed HISTA but it had been around for a long time. I think Disney saw an opportunity to bring EO back giving them a chance to enhance/replace HISTA with something a little fresher.

MNNHFLTX
06-11-2012, 10:02 AM
I can understand your nostalgia about HISTA being gone. Honestly, though, I was ready for something different, so having Captain EO back was kind of fun at first. I do hope that they put something totally fresh and new in there soon. The whole Imagination complex has felt neglected for some time now.

ChipNDale79
06-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Personally they both need to be replaced, both of them are so dated that it would be nice for something new to open there.

Polynesian Dweller
06-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Personally they both need to be replaced, both of them are so dated that it would be nice for something new to open there.
:exactly:
Both are out of date. But Disney won't likely do anything without a new sponsor.

Dopey's Girl
06-11-2012, 11:27 AM
While I wasn't a huge fan of HISTA, I never walked out like I did Captain EO. That was the silliest, most uninteresting thing since Ellen's Energy Adventure, aka, Ellen's naptime.

They need something new, but until a sponsor comes along, I'm afraid we are stuck with stinky Figment (that skunk is so gross) and Captain EO.

PlutoPlanet
06-11-2012, 11:59 AM
We saw Captain EO once. We don't plan to see it again. We'll be ready for something new in that location.

ChipNDale79
06-11-2012, 12:54 PM
While I wasn't a huge fan of HISTA, I never walked out like I did Captain EO. That was the silliest, most uninteresting thing since Ellen's Energy Adventure, aka, Ellen's naptime.

They need something new, but until a sponsor comes along, I'm afraid we are stuck with stinky Figment (that skunk is so gross) and Captain EO.

I'm ok with Figment, I think its something that kids enjoy. I can't wait to take my boys onto that ride.

Stu29573
06-11-2012, 01:24 PM
I was really looking forward to seeing EO since I missed it last time around. We went and after it was over, my wife looked at me and said " What was that supposed to be?" I didn't have an answer. I actually missed HISTA...

#1donaldfan
06-11-2012, 01:58 PM
I miss HISTA !! I'm sure Disney can think of something to put in there .....geeesh !!:mickey:

Gator
06-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Captain Eo brings back some memories. All of them bad.

HISTA was cool the first time I saw it in 2002, but it was outdated (movie-wise) then. I'm all for changing it into the Tron 3D experience. They could tie into the last film with the ISOs being developed - that would be a good segway to Imagination and stuff.

But for now, we don't take the time to see it. There's much better shows at all 3 of the other parks.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
06-11-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm afraid we are stuck with stinky Figment (that skunk is so gross) and Captain EO. I personally love the Figment ride but Im not a fan of Captain EO I find it kinda of cheesy and tacky we can agree on that.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
06-11-2012, 05:19 PM
I also have always loved HISTHA because I saw it when I was a little kid when I first came to E.P.C.O.T and I always have thought its cool even though im alot older now and was sad that it was gone especially because it was replaced by Captain EO ( Captain EO = :mad:)

MrPeetrie
06-11-2012, 07:34 PM
We saw Captain EO once. We don't plan to see it again. We'll be ready for something new in that location.

Ditto!

ransam
06-11-2012, 11:52 PM
My friend is a huge MJ fan. He didn't get to see it back in the 80's, so he was really excited to see it.
the best thing he could say was "it's ok". he didn't like it too much.

EpcotChic23
06-12-2012, 03:30 PM
I just did the undiscovered future world tour last week and the tour guide said it was WDW plan to always to bring back HISTA, but he said 3D movies are not like what they use to be. With so many current and new movies coming out in 3D he said you never know if WDW will bring it back. No date yet on if and when it will change. But I personally do not like CE so I am ready for the change.

texas211
06-12-2012, 07:05 PM
At least I didn't feel creeped out by Wayne Szalinski. Jacko, different story.

mreinventtt
06-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Eo is pure 80s awesomeness.That show it's so over the top cheesey that it makes me laugh.I hope it stays for a while. Honey I shrunk the audience was so boring the only thing it was good for was a nap until the floor started to move and I would wake up. The only show worse than honey I shrunk the audience is country bear jamboree.

Stu29573
06-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Eo is pure 80s awesomeness.That show it's so over the top cheesey that it makes me laugh.I hope it stays for a while. Honey I shrunk the audience was so boring the only thing it was good for was a nap until the floor started to move and I would wake up. The only show worse than honey I shrunk the audience is country bear jamboree.

Having lived through the 80's, I would rather not do it again. The effects were better in HISTA (although not great, maybe) and I found it more entertaining overall. However, I also appreciate Walt's bears, so maybe we should agree to disagree.....:thumbsup:

azcavalier
06-13-2012, 08:46 AM

Amen. I was excited for Captain E.O. to come back when they announced it, but afterwards I was embarrassed that I had sat through it. It was painful! But still not as bad as the Country Bears.

disneynarula
06-19-2012, 10:15 AM
I loved Captain Eo...in the eighties..when I was in middle school...and Michael Jackson was still cutting edge. Even then it was kind of pushing it.

I loved HISTA when Honey I Shrunk the Kids was a poplular movie and 3D movies were new and unique. I can remember sitting happily in my jorts and big hair and loving that movie.

I am usually not a complainer but in this case I don't understand why WDW did not change this movie years ago. It is so outdated. Yet a super cute attraction like the "Figment Ride" was butchered. They should have left Figment alone and changed that movie 15 years ago.

HackLaSalle
06-19-2012, 12:06 PM
I loved HISTA when Honey I Shrunk the Kids was a poplular movie and 3D movies were new and unique. I can remember sitting happily in my jorts and big hair and loving that movie.

That right there is awesome.

I honestly can't believe there is anyone that misses HISTA. Not that EO is awesome but I consider going to see EO. I just laugh at HISTA, never consider going in there.

Imagineer1981
06-19-2012, 02:24 PM
Well no matter what they do to the pavillion, Figment must remain as part of it. IMHO

ImagiAsh
06-19-2012, 08:30 PM
I am ready for a total renovation of that pavilion. No Captain EO or Figment. Captain EO may be nostalgic for some, but for the new visitors, what does that show have that will keep them coming back? I am an MJ fan, but this show just felt terribly outdated to me and I really did not need to see it more than once on our trip. As far as HISTA, I felt like it left at an appropriate time. I had my fill of it. I'm ready for something totally new in that pavilion.