PDA

View Full Version : May 30th-June9th trip

crltkcagle
06-10-2012, 07:51 PM
May30-June 9th
14 people with 4 celebrations
2 LSU graduates, one honeymoon, one first trip and my dh and I ten year anniversary

May 30th- Downtown Disney

We always come in a day early to play and shop. We enjoyed our day and ended up at T-rex for dinner. We had a new waiter who forgot to put our order in. Needless to say we were there for over two hours. My kids were counting the minutes by how many meteor showers they got to see! I think the prices may have gone up a bit here since last year as well. Still a good place to eat.

May 31st- Check in at POR and Epcot

This day started off great! We arrived at POR at 7 am and our room was actually ready!(the lobby is still a mess as it is still undergoing a refurb) We got a room in building 15 as we requested and it was one of the new updated rooms! We were really impressed with the new upgrades! Every little detail of the new room made it really feel like a lodge in New Orleans. After we settled in and headed down to the food court for some coffee (in those wonderful mugs) we headed to Epcot. We were able to ride soarin twice (with fast passes) and all the other rides in future world and visit most of the countries. We dined at Teppan Edo for dinner and while the service was great the food wasn't. We have had better hibachi at home and think this restaurant will be scratched off of our list permanently.

June 1st- Magic Kingdom
Boy were the crowds out today, even with all the rain! We were able to enjoy the day while wearing ponchos and did get to see most of the attractions. I even got a score of 999999 on Buzz lightyear! I took a picture of my score so I can rub it in the boys faces for years to come. :D We did notice one strange thing in Philharmagic though. The smell is pretty much non existent now. I could barely smell the spiced apple smell and the rest of the smells were just not there! Guess they need to fill in their plug ins. LOL We did get to ride the new dumbo and barnstormer rides in the fantasyland expansion. Just seeing how they updated both of these rides is amazing. Dumbo is gorgeous at night! We were able to peek at a few other attractions and can NOT wait until the expansion is complete! We dined at Ohana's for dinner and as usual were quite pleased with it. Great service, food and atmosphere! After dinner we headed back to the park for emh. A few members of our party got on splash mountain and got stuck on it for 30 minutes! They were given a special fp that could be used anywhere in the park. We were quite disappointed on this night because thunder mountain, splash mountain and pirates were down all night! I have never experienced one entire land out at the same time! A lot of guests were upset and headed to space mountain which made the wait for it 120 minutes during emh! We decided to call it a night and head back to the room.

June 2nd- HS and Star Wars weekend

We were able to ride TSM three times by using fp! We got to meet lots of great star wars characters and there was no rain! YAY! The line for Chewbacca was very long but it moved pretty fast. We had pizza planet for lunch and for dinner we ate at Boatwrights. The food was just so so at Boatwrights and we decided to scratch it off of our list as well.

June 3rd- MK
Again another day with no rain. Which is a good thing because I dyed my kids hair with a blue glow in the dark dye and put some "pixie dust" in it. Everyone loved their hair and kept asking them where they got it done. Nothing like clearance wash out hair dye from walgreens plus some confetti to make your own disney magic. We rode everything at least once and had fun shooting in the shooting range in frontier land. We took some great pictures at the photo place outside the bbb. Since I have boys I had never been in their before and they told me they could do some shots for our family and they came out great! We also discovered the Scorers of the Magic Kingdom game and started playing it today. I think the game still has kinks that need to be worked out but it is a fun game. Some of the portals were not working and POC was once again broken. I asked the cm's if they told George good morning and they laughed and said he wasn't working today. We did get stuck on Haunted Mansion and pirates (once they got it running) today. For some reason a lot of the park keeps breaking down on this trip. We dined at Whispering Canyon Cafe another one of our favorites and loved it. We ended the day by watching the new magic memories and you with Phineas and ferb and watching wishes.

June 4th- HS
We once again got to ride TSM three times by using fp. We also got our faces painted for the first time and loved it! They do such a great job! We did the fantasmic package at Mama Melrose and my only complaint is that they did not seat our party together. We were not told we would be seated separately when we made the reservation and our waitress was extremely over worked. I felt bad for her she was actually sweating from running around so much. We ended our day with a great showing of Fantasmic!

June 5th- Epcot
Another great but hot and crowded day. The kids did a lot of pin trading today and we were able to visit all the countries. We dined at Via Napoli. The pizza was good however the service was horrible! Because there were 10 of us our server's tip was guaranteed and when I tell you he was the worst waiter I have ever had I am not just saying that. He had to be tracked down and begged for drinks. We had to request the free bread that everyone else received and he completely messed up our order! Then he over charged us and didn't use our dining plan credits. I will never go back to this restaurant again! :mad: After dinner the rain started and we weren't sure if the fireworks show was going to happen so we headed back to the room for some R&R.

June 6th AK

And the rain rain rain came down down down! Torrential down pours for most of the day. We only got to ride Kali, Yeti, Dinosaur and see Bugs Life and the Lion King show before we had to call it a day. The rain was pounding and the wind was blowing hard. We got soaked even with ponchos and umbrellas! It really stinks because this was our only day at AK!:( We dined at Boma's and while this is not my favorite place the rest of our party really enjoyed the food.

June 7th- Supposed to be our water park day but ended up at MK

Another rainy day but the morning was sunny. Made me wish we had headed over to the water park! We were able to see and do lots of things until the rain came in the afternoon. We called it an early night and did laundry since it was raining. We dined at Maya Grill for dinner and while the atmosphere and service were great we didn't care for the food. But the margaritas were good!:thumbsup:

June 8th- MK
The day started off great! Our party decided to all wear LSU attire today and we had early adr's at Crystal Palace and got to take some pictures in front of the castle with no one around! After break We got more cards for the Sorcerer game and got to ride most of the rides. We did notice that the smell seemed stronger for Philharmagic in the back of the theater. I finally got around to get my Dole whip which I waited in line for 45 minutes to get! The crowds were really rolling in today. Almost to the point where its miserable. Splash Mountain had a wait of 190 minutes! Pirates was broken AGAIN :mad: and we headed back to the room for a late nap. When we decided to go back to the park to see wishes it was storming. The rain died down a bit and we stood there in our ponchos watching the show. Our poor kids were so tired we were not able to stay for EMH and my dh had to pull me away from MK with tears in my eyes. My kids were upset too and have already started planning our next trip. I guess some people just really are Disney fanatics!

June 9th- checkout
It was a great trip for the most part, a little wetter than we would like but you know the saying, a wet day in Disney world is better than a dry day at home anytime! :mickey:

the real Alice
06-10-2012, 08:49 PM
We were there the exact same time and I even think I remember seeing a big group wearing LSU shirts at MK :mickey: If my DH would have noticed he would have walked by and said "Go Vols!" hehe

I always have tears in my eyes when i leave too. There is no place on Earth like WDW, even if it did rain a ton this time.

edwards2301
06-10-2012, 11:14 PM
That's me! Tears in my eyes the last night. We try to watch Wishes and the parade on our last night. Sounds like you made the best of a wet vacation. Thanks for your post.:mickey:

faline
06-11-2012, 09:24 AM
You really got a bit of a wet vacation - still it's clear you made the most of your days despite the weather and the ride breakdowns! Thanks for the report!

sonamae80
06-11-2012, 10:50 AM
We were at Boma on the 6th as well!!! And I, like you, am not a fan. It was our first experience and the staff was amazing, but the food was lacking, for me. The rest of my party seemed to like it though!

Thanks for sharing your report! I've got to get busy on mine! ;)

January-2007
06-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Thanks for reporting.

EpcotChic23
06-26-2012, 03:07 PM
We were done there 6/4-6/11 and experienced the same great rainy weather you did. We also had a lot of rides and monorails breaking down on us while we were down there. We got stuck on POC and Living with the Land while my brother had major monorail issues.

minnie04
06-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Glad you were able to have some fun... The weather here is so bad this time of year. I really feel for the families that try to hit the parks only to get washed out. As for the rides I guess they are over run with riders all day and can’t handle it in the summer heat. I hope next time you will get better weather and more ride time ... :mickey:

P.S. thanks for the tips on the resturants..

KylesMom
06-28-2012, 08:40 AM
You sure had your share of breakdowns and rain this trip - I know how frustrating that can be! You also had your share of hit and miss dining. We've done a lot of "weeding out" the past couple of years too. Can't believe how awful your service was at Via Napoli!

Notwithstanding, it sounds like you and your family had a wonderful trip with some great celebrations. Thanks for the report! :mickey: