PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan-Table Service-Include Appetizers?

2disneyfans
06-10-2012, 07:27 PM
DH and I have not been to Disney for about 5 years. The last time we were there, we used the dining plan that include 1 quick service, 1 table service, and 1 snack per person per day. That year, the table service did NOT include appetizers.

We will be in Disney at the end of June and were just looking at our packet of papers and it looks like table service DOES include appetizers?

We are doing the regular dining plan-1 quick service, 1 table service, 1 snack per day. (NOT deluxe dining, but not quick service only dining either).

Are we reading that correctly that an appetizer is included in table service meals?

Thanks! :mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
06-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Nope, read a little further down and it says a TS includes 1 single serving of:

entree
dessert
non-alcoholic k
Or
1 full buffet.

That's it, they do not include appetizer.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Just to make it confusing it depends on your dining plan ...

The Deluxe Dining plan DOES include the appetizers.

The "Regular" Dining Plan DOES NOT include the appetizers. :)

Jared
06-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Just as an aside, I wish the regular dining plan let you choose between an appetizer or dessert. I almost always prefer an appetizer.

Polynesian Dweller
06-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Darned autocorrect. I just saw that it changed serving to sending in my previous post and I can't change it now. Sorry about that.

Gator
06-11-2012, 12:24 AM
I do remember when the DDP had appetizers on it. Now they don't. And really, THANK GOD. I dont' know how we were able to eat all that food.

One thing good that came from it before they removed the appetizers was that I got to try soy beans for the first time. And they were good! Now we have them with dinner once a week.

mommy2maddi
06-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Just as an aside, I wish the regular dining plan let you choose between an appetizer or dessert. I almost always prefer an appetizer.
Completely agree with this!!! Not everyone does or can eat desserts.

Polynesian Dweller
06-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Completely agree with this!!! Not everyone does or can eat desserts.

True enough and it would be nice from the customer's perspective. But, being in the hotel business with restaurants, I know that giving desserts is by far the best business strategy. Appetizers must be made and disposed of on the same day. That means a lot of wastage which means money going straight in the garbage. As well, the ingredients for most appetizers are more expensive than dessert ingredients. Check the price of shrimp as an example.

Many desserts and dessert ingredients will keep fresh for at least 1 day. Less wastage and cheaper ingredients.

Restaurants are a business and it is about profit.