PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust please

Disneymom1995
06-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Desperately need Pixie Dust tonight. Yesterday we had to put our dog Mickey to sleep. He was fifteen years old and suddenly could no longer walk up and down stairs. After several trips to his vet he kept getting worse and the last day could not get up at all, lost control of his bodily functions and had a seizure. We took him to a overnight clinic and after discussing it with our vet and the vet at the clinic decided it was time to let him go. We are sure we made the right choice for him but it is so quiet and empty here now. Everyone with a dog, please give him/her an extra treat tonight and a hug.:dog:

SBETigg
06-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Oh no. I'm so sorry. It's very hard when it comes to seeing them like that and of course, you did all you could and made the right decision. I'm glad you had so many wonderful years with Mickey, and no doubt many lovely memories. Wishing you peace and comfort.

VWL Mom
06-10-2012, 05:34 AM
It's so sad when we have to say goodbye to an old friend but you know in your heart it was the right thing to do. So sorry you're going through this.

:pixie::pixie::pixie:

mgmnut
06-10-2012, 07:39 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure Mickey loved and appreciated the life and affection you gave him for all his years. I have always been a dog owner and currently have 3. Pets are true members of the family who show us unconditional love and help us get through some tough times sometimes, they deserve to be mourned and remembered as such. I hope you can find the strength to get through this difficult time.

:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Strmchsr
06-10-2012, 08:06 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. :pixie: going up for you today and prayers for strength and peace.

Mickey'sGirl
06-10-2012, 08:16 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. In a matter of time you will be able to think of your dear doggie and smile. What a wonderful long time you had together.

TheVBs
06-10-2012, 09:16 AM
I'm so sorry about Mickey. It's so hard to lose a pet. Lots of :pixie: for you and your family.

disneymom15
06-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Sorry for your lose, brought a tear to my eye. Sounds just like what happened to our childhood dog.. One of the hardest things I ever went thru. Thinking about you and your family.

Jeri
06-10-2012, 11:47 AM
So sorry for the lose of your dog. It is always so tough. My Brothers family had to put their dear dog to sleep yesterday as well. It was very tough for them, even though like you they knew it was time and for the best.

You gave your sweet Mickey many wonderful years, and much love.

MNNHFLTX
06-10-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm so sorry. :( That's the hardest thing to do in life, IMO. And I can only imagine what a void there is in your house right now.

Kairi_7378
06-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Sending a prayer and some more pixie dust your way.

Disneymom1995
06-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks everyone for your support and kind wishes. It helps to know how many people understand what you are going through. We will always miss our Mickey but he is waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

AgentC
06-10-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm so sorry. We had to put down one of our dogs last fall. She was the first pet my husband and I purchased together. We knew it was the right decision too, but it was one of the hardest decisions of my life. Hugs and pixie dust.

Wolf
06-11-2012, 11:36 AM
We lost my dearest Bullet (12 year old Weimeraner) a year ago last month to congestive heart failure. I am praying for yalls pain, I know its awful to let one go and look for them everywhere they would normally be. I hope yalls pain is helped by happy memories of your fur-baby. You have my deepest sympathies. *hugs from afar*

laprana
06-12-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss! It's so very hard to lose a pet that you love dearly. And even when you know it's the right decision to make, that doesn't make it any easier to lose them. Sending lots of :pixie::pixie: your way to help you through this tough time! :hug:

DVC2004
06-12-2012, 01:21 PM
So sorry for your loss! We lost our Sam (cat) in November, He was 15 and became very ill with kidney failure. Wow, it was the hardest thing I ever had to do but I know he was very sick and it was the right thing. I still miss him terribly and I cried every day , multiple times for a long time. It does get better. We did adopt another kitty and I have to say that helped a ton. I never though I could love another one as much as I loved Sam, but this one is pretty awesome. Keeping you in my thoughts and sending hugs. He was obviously a very special pup and very loved.

hoop de do
06-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Pennsylvania Pixie Dust comin' your way.

:tink::pixie::tink::pixie: