PDA

View Full Version : New Interactive Game Coming

DizneyFreak2002
06-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Well, another interactive game is coming to MK... You may have heard of Sorcerer's Of the Magic Kingdom... Well, be ready for a SECOND game... It will be called "A Pirates Adventure: Jewels of the Seven Seas"... Your RFID card (probably your KTTW card) will be used... You press it up to what ever device and something around you does something and prompts you to your next clue...

Who needs new rides and attractions when we can play Wii in the MK???

DizneyRox
06-10-2012, 07:28 AM
That might be the point... Seems like these are much easier to create/deploy than a multi-million dollar ride. Less loss if it's a flop too.

darthmacho
06-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Why don't they use this interactive technology in a ride? I bet they could think of how, if only they used their...Imagination. ;)

DizneyFreak2002
06-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Why don't they use this interactive technology in a ride? I bet they could think of how, if only they used their...Imagination. ;)

Well, I am sure they have ideas and plans to ad interactivity to the rides... Give it time... This is only the beginning of NextGen...

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
06-17-2012, 07:54 AM
Wasn't there discussion of the interactive coming to It's a Small World - in terms of designing a "doll" in your room via internet and then having the right "app" on your smart phone so that the "doll" that was created will interact on the ride via your smartphone.

More Smartphone interaction will be coming. More RFID games like Sorcerers will be coming. These are all less expensive to put up and change or update than any ride.

DizneyFreak2002
06-17-2012, 11:37 AM
Wasn't there discussion of the interactive coming to It's a Small World - in terms of designing a "doll" in your room via internet and then having the right "app" on your smart phone so that the "doll" that was created will interact on the ride via your smartphone.

More Smartphone interaction will be coming. More RFID games like Sorcerers will be coming. These are all less expensive to put up and change or update than any ride.

Yes.. Stitch Kingdom had an article about this...

darthmacho
06-20-2012, 05:03 PM
Well, I am sure they have ideas and plans to ad interactivity to the rides... Give it time... This is only the beginning of NextGen...

See what I did there? ...Imagination? Get it? Wink. Wink. Nudge. Nudge. ;)

Kidding aside, wouldn't that technology fit perfectly with the theme of the Imagination Pavilion? Makes sense to me.

DizneyFreak2002
06-20-2012, 05:27 PM
See what I did there? ...Imagination? Get it? Wink. Wink. Nudge. Nudge. ;)

Kidding aside, wouldn't that technology fit perfectly with the theme of the Imagination Pavilion? Makes sense to me.

Would fit great, only if they find someone to pay for it, since they won't pay for it themselves... :)

Ian
06-20-2012, 08:39 PM
See what I did there? ...Imagination? Get it? Wink. Wink. Nudge. Nudge. ;)Oooooh ... A Python reference!!

Say no more! Say no more!

Mousemates
06-21-2012, 02:04 PM
While we found the "interactive run from spot to spot game" to be an interesting diversion on the cruise ship (mainly because it gave us a reason to walk around and have a reason to visit various parts of the ship), doing it in the Magic Kingdom earlier this year was considerably less enjoyable to us (as well as the others in the party we were with).

I know I am obviously not in the target age range for this type of adventure...but apparently neither were my teenage children and the others with us....they did it as a novelty for a while, but also quickly tired of it...especially after having to wait for multiple other guests at each station.

If it pulls people out of lines and thus frees up "real attractions" I guess that would be a plus...but for us the news of more interactive games is not all that exciting.

DizneyFreak2002
06-22-2012, 11:21 AM
I will post this in here since there isn't any real news or confirmation about it...

RUMOR: A new interactive game themed to Up may be headed to DAK (though not any time soon)...

OPINION: I don't care for these interactive games (I can play video games at home)... But if they are going to add them (and they are adding them), Up is a perfect theme for a game in DAK...

Jared
06-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like these games. They are diversions, but I enjoy how you can play them at your own pace. My girlfriend and I get a real kick out of the Kim Possible thing.

Quadstriker
06-22-2012, 03:50 PM
The games are fun.

So I'm sure we'll hear nonstop complaints about how they're diverting valuable resources.

Mousemates
06-22-2012, 06:24 PM
The games are fun.

So I'm sure we'll hear nonstop complaints about how they're diverting valuable resources.

maybe not, for even those of us who aren't all that big on the games themselves, (like me) realize that everything new need not be something that is "for us." The games to me are kind of like many of the other nuance type things that some enjoy very much (but that others don't care all that much about...say the names on the windows of mainstreet or hidden mickeys. )To me any additions to keep the parks dynamic are improvements to the status quo. would I rather the funds go to something I like, sure, but maybe the next little thing will be more to my liking.

DizneyFreak2002
06-22-2012, 06:41 PM
The games are fun.

Well, the money spent on these things could be going to more worthwhile attractions... But, with that said, my biggest worry and complaint would be theme... Do they clash with the rest of their surroundings?? Do they take away from atmosphere??? I haven't seen Sorcerers yet so I cannot judge... I didn't even know Kim Possible existed, everything was well themed and hidden... I'm sure Agent P is the same way since it is Kim Possible only rethemed...

I think it is silly to spend thousands of dollars on a Disney vacation to play a video game you can play at home... But, little diversions are needed too... and since this is the direction they chose to go in, then so be it... Just hoping these games are not a distraction and ruination of the atmosphere the lands create...

fielin
06-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Well, I seem to be in the minority there, but I REALLY love those games, and I am very excited they are adding them to every park.

I am 35. I have always - read this : ALWAYS - dreamed of having a playground as wide as a whole theme park. My inner child still talks to me all the time. Do you remember when you were younger and you believed, really believed that a princess was living in the castle, that pirates were everywhere in adventureland ?

Do you remember when you were looking at a window in Main Street, and you wondered if somebody really was living there ?

Do you remember when you were entering a shop, anywhere in Magic Kingdom, and you really believed it was an individual shop, ignoring that Disney was in control of everything ?

These games make me feel I'm back in those years. I'm having an adventure ! In Disney ! I'm a secret agent ! I'm a sorcerer !

Even the rides I love don't give me this feeling. They are rides. I get in them, enjoy what there is to enjoy, and leave them behind me. They last for a few seconds, and are gone.

Kim Possible ? I get to explore places, to look around, to run around, to jump, this is so exciting for my inner child !!!

So bring it on, Disney. I want to be an explorer in AK ! I want to be an adventurer in Epcot ! I want to be a Hero in DHS !

Make them last all day long ! I want to start the day with a mission, and really get to experience the risk of failure, life threatening dangers, and the sweet, sweet taste of victory ! And maybe, just maybe, I'll get on a few rides now and then.

I do not see them as video games at all. I don't see them as a diversion. I think they transform the theme park into a real-life adventure. I only wish they would make more of the Kim Possible style interactions, and less of the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom ones.

I want my experience to transform the park I'm in, to make things move, to make things whistle and to have to interact with some cast members.

Screens, even hidden cleverly, are much less exciting to me.

Mrs Bus Driver
06-23-2012, 11:13 AM
maybe not, for even those of us who aren't all that big on the games themselves, (like me) realize that everything new need not be something that is "for us." The games to me are kind of like many of the other nuance type things that some enjoy very much (but that others don't care all that much about...say the names on the windows of mainstreet or hidden mickeys. )To me any additions to keep the parks dynamic are improvements to the status quo. would I rather the funds go to something I like, sure, but maybe the next little thing will be more to my liking.
I agree with you, though I haven't played the games myself. Maybe I will like them maybe not, but still isn't one of the things we all love about Disney all the little touches, not just the big stuff. Sure we have shop windows and hidden Mickeys and now little games. Most likely not my cup of tea but is still adds to the atmosphere. :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
06-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Just read some details someone posted about this on their site... If what they post is true, then this game actually sounds pretty interesting and much better than Sorcerer's... We shall see how the game is fully implemented... But, this does sound like it could be a nice addition... :)