PDA

View Full Version : Coffee machines in rooms

Kairi_7378
06-09-2012, 08:11 PM
I read on (another Disney site) that the resort coffee makers have recently been switched to the ones that take coffee "pods" rather than traditional filters. Can anyone who has been to WDW recently confirm or deny this? I am particularly interested in the coffee machines at CSR. Thanks!

PS. By pods, I don't mean the K-cups... I mean the 2-inch-wide filters with coffee inside them already.

Basket Mommy
06-09-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm not sure how recently you're talking about, but when we were there in January they were regular coffee makers. However, the coffee packets supplied in the rooms were the pre-filled packets of coffee. There were no filters provided. We're DVC, though, so I don't know about regular resort rooms.

JenniferS.
06-10-2012, 07:59 AM
We were at WL last Nov. and they did have the pods. I was mad because I brought dunkin donuts coffee and couldn't make any.:(

MNNHFLTX
06-11-2012, 10:06 AM
The coffee machine at Caribbean Beach Resort in May was a dual single-cup maker with little pre-filled coffee/filter packets. That way you could make separate cups at time, if needed. I kind of liked it, as I drink decaf and my son wanted regular.

crltkcagle
06-11-2012, 02:13 PM
The coffee machine at Caribbean Beach Resort in May was a dual single-cup maker with little pre-filled coffee/filter packets. That way you could make separate cups at time, if needed. I kind of liked it, as I drink decaf and my son wanted regular.

We had the same thing at POR last week. We did have an upgraded room though.

Jimenyfan
06-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Just came back from a stay at CSR and the coffee machine is a 2 cup using the coffee pods that you described. We split our stay and Wilderness Lodge has the same coffee pot.

joonyer
06-11-2012, 08:16 PM
If you want to bring your own special brand of coffee, just bring your own filters, too. you can pretty much fold them to fit any size basket.

Polynesian Dweller
06-11-2012, 09:02 PM
If you want to bring your own special brand of coffee, just bring your own filters, too. you can pretty much fold them to fit any size basket.

Nope, they have been converting all the makers to pods. The pod is the filter there is not basket and the pod is a small disk.

laprana
06-12-2012, 12:07 PM

We had the same thing at the Poly last week, but at Kidani (the week before last), we had a full-size coffee maker and pot. Not sure if that was because it was a 2-br villa?

joonyer
06-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Nope, they have been converting all the makers to pods. The pod is the filter there is not basket and the pod is a small disk.

OK, now I know what kind of coffee makers you're talking about But you can still make your own "pods" with your favorite coffee, you can purchase the podfilters online.

Polynesian Dweller
06-12-2012, 01:41 PM
OK, now I know what you're talking about, now. But you can still make your own "pods" for your favorite coffee, you can purchase the podfilters online.

Didn't know that. Good idea for our trip! Thanks for the info.

PCruzer
07-22-2012, 05:12 PM
OK, now I know what kind of coffee makers you're talking about But you can still make your own "pods" with your favorite coffee, you can purchase the podfilters online.
Do you know the name/brand of the pod filters that can be used in the new Cuisinart at WDW resorts?

joonyer
07-22-2012, 08:53 PM
I think the cuisinarts use the "k-cup" pods just like the Keurigs. Go to amazon and look for reusable filters. either way, you can find them at amazon and make your own, favorite coffee.

Melanie
07-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Just posted this in another thread, but it applies here too. These are the new Cuisinart machines.

Ed
07-22-2012, 10:46 PM
I think the cuisinarts use the "k-cup" pods just like the Keurigs. Go to amazon and look for reusable filters. either way, you can find them at amazon and make your own, favorite coffee.

Nope, not K-Cups. :nono:

They use small, circular filter packs, about 1.25" in diameter and very thin. I didn't see any way you could make your own. Melanie's picture in the above post shows the package that the individual packs come in.

Kairi_7378
07-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks for posting the photo, Melanie. I've done a little bit of research on the pod filters and have decided that making our own might not be worth the hastle. (There are sites with instructions but it still looks like it may be messy to me.) I bought a few kinds of (gasp!) instant coffee to try this week in order to decide what to take with us in September.

Melanie
07-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Yep, I'm sorry I didn't think to open up the package and photograph the pod itself. It's definitely not a K-cup.

Here's a pic I found online. It's a little larger than a silver dollar, like someone mentioned, and fits perfectly into the holder. Don't see how there would be any way to manipulate any other filter.

Wolf
07-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Am I the only weirdo that likes these? I mean I'm a coffee addict and have my Keurig at home but I go to sci-fi conventions alot and thats what we always have there so I guess they just symbolize travel to me, plus then I just need coffee to get me out the door lol I love it!!

CMCTxMom
07-23-2012, 10:11 AM
So, are these in all the resorts now? We're going to be at BCV...?

joonyer
07-23-2012, 04:35 PM
You can buy the make your own pod kits for these coffee filter pods online from amazon or other sites. I just did a quick search and found several available type of the circular flat pods that the cuisinart machines use.

disneydeb
08-20-2012, 02:01 AM
Are these in the POR princess rooms yet? I was going to bring my keurig.... how do these compare in quality?

Melanie
08-20-2012, 04:57 AM
They are in the Princess rooms, for sure.

Quality-wise compared to a Keurig? Not as good, but perfectly acceptable for a quick cup of coffee in the morning to get you going. I'd say if you are super picky about your coffee, bring your Keurig.

big blue and hairy
08-23-2012, 06:22 PM
I was going to bring my keurig....

You and me both. At home I use the "my K-cup". It's a little reusable k-cup that I fill with Starbucks. For the trip I just bought some Starbucks k-cups. :coffee:

:sulley:

AvaNellMouse
08-23-2012, 09:34 PM
I was given a steel carafe, 4-cup coffee maker by a former co-worker. The timing was good, as I read about the new POFQ coffee "situation" within days of the gifting.

The Disney instant coffee sponsor is absolutely unacceptable :sick:. Pods won't quell my need for the breakfast of champions!

Yes, I am a coffee snob. Yes, I'm taking a grinder, too. :thumbsup:

March Hare
08-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Thanks for posting the photo, Melanie. I've done a little bit of research on the pod filters and have decided that making our own might not be worth the hastle. (There are sites with instructions but it still looks like it may be messy to me.) I bought a few kinds of (gasp!) instant coffee to try this week in order to decide what to take with us in September.

there are online sites that sell the pods I will PM you with a link they offer many types including Maxwell House and flavored coffee

March Hare
08-26-2012, 10:05 AM
You can buy the make your own pod kits for these coffee filter pods online from amazon or other sites. I just did a quick search and found several available type of the circular flat pods that the cuisinart machines use.

:nono: sorry to let you down on this but the only make your own pods out there are for the Senseo, Keurig, Dolce Gusto, and Nespresso and none of them will fit the type of coffee maker they have in Disney. They don't make pods you can make yourself for this type of machine but they do sell the pods online and they are not too expensive if you want I can PM a link to you just send a PM if you want it