PDA

View Full Version : Dumb AP questions

tinksmom02
06-08-2012, 12:52 PM
We're leaving in, like, two hours :mickey: and I have some questions regarding AP activation. I have vouchers in hand and as soon as we check in at POP we're going to head to MK to activate them.

I've seen conflicting information that APs must be shown at resort check-in for the AP discount (which we have), but others have said no, the vouchers are enough. Does anyone have any recent experience with this?

Also, and here's the dumb part, there's a ticket place outside MK, right? Or do we have to go to the TTC first? :blush:

And wherever we go to activate the APs is where I would purchase the TIW, correct?

Thank you!!

DizneyRox
06-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Official policy I think is still ACTIVATED AP. I've only been asked once, but I'm DVC a now and don't do regular room bookings that much.

YOu can activate the AP at MK as well as get your TiW. Guest Relations is where you want to go. At MK is on the side of the entrance closest to the bus stops. You need to go through the bag check first.

tinksmom02
06-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! Glad to have confirmation the Guest Relations is where I thought it would be LOL

Hmm...on the activated AP...

VWL Mom
06-08-2012, 01:09 PM
I can't find the post right now but for some reason I remember reading that APs could now be issued at guest services in your hotel. I'm not sure if they were referring to just buying one or exchanging a voucher though. I do know it did not apply to DVC APs.

Imalismom
06-08-2012, 01:43 PM
I have had a voucher before in my hand and that was okay (but that was 10 years ago). Personally, the last 4 times I have used the AP rate, I have not been asked to show my AP ticket.

As for activating - I purchased my last one at DTD, and just used it at the gate and that is where they activated it (last October).

The TIW Card can be purchased at any Disney Guest Services location.

Strmchsr
06-08-2012, 04:46 PM
I was asked for my AP the last 2 times at check-in (both times on the May trip and back in January). I guess it depends on the CM, but it seems they're asking more for it these days.

tinksmom02
06-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Update: I was not asked for my AP or voucher upon check in at POP. Activated at MK as planned but it took WAY longer than I thought it would. No worries because now it's done yay!