PDA

View Full Version : LIVE @ the Poly

EpcotChic23
06-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Greetings from a very wet WDW. We have been here since Monday and we only have had 1 and a half days of sun. The rest it has been raining and not just a quick shower it has been raining buckets and buckets. :mad: It is so disappointing. In all my trips here I have never experienced such bad weather. Accoriding to the weather report it will be raining again today. O well I will just have to book and plan another trip down here to get to experience the full disney experience. Off to the Undiscoverd future world tour with umbrella in hand:shake:

tinksmom02
06-08-2012, 07:55 AM
So sorry the weather isn't cooperating! Hopefully the sun will follow me & DD--we'll be there this weekend!!

DisneyDINK
06-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Yeah, sorry about the weather. Being from Seattle I always hate it when I go some place famous for mild or warm weather and I get rain; that's when I check on the weather back home and it is sunny. Sigh!

Well, it seems like you have a good attitude about it. Have fun!

faline
06-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Goodness! Sorry to hear your trip has been so soggy! :rain:

Wolf
06-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Our October trip was like that, it didn't rain like 8 hours out of our 4 day trip lol don't you love the crowd reductions tho? Hope you have a great damp day!!

SBETigg
06-08-2012, 11:10 AM
It is frustrating. I know you will make the best of it, but it does add some disappointment. We took a short trip last October and it rained half the time we were there. Torrential rain, not just light drops. It made it hard to do things even with ponchos, umbrellas, and hats. But we soldiered on and made some wonderful memories. Wishing it stops for you soon!

DisneyGiant
06-08-2012, 12:49 PM
In 2008 we were there for a whole week during a hurricane that would not leave FL - it kept circling.

We're talking heavy to moderate rain every single day - I think the kids forced in 1 pool attempt just to get it in....

Toward the end - we were sick of ponchos and umbrellas - it was so hot (August).

The only crowd reductions we saw were at MK the day the hurricane was supposed to hit - but the rest of the week - we were all out in force trying to make the best of the situation.

The moral of the story - you make your own fun - and hopefully the next time won't be so bad.

For us - the next time was a short trip in Dec to see the parks at Christmas time. And wouldn't you know it - when we landed - it was POURING out. We all started laughing and observed that it was like we never left!! :mickey:

Fortunately for us, it cleared up later in the day & was nice the rest of the weekend.

Enjoy! Remember there are a lot of us envious that you're there and we're here!!! :blush: