PDA

View Full Version : Falling Light On Everest

DizneyFreak2002
06-07-2012, 01:32 AM
A lighting fixture at the end of the ride fell on a train full of guests waiting to pull into the station... Haven't seen any reports about people hurt but I think a good assumption would be to think some people probably were, hopefully not seriously... Supposedly wind was the cause...

So, a branch from the Tree of Life was downed by wind... A light fixture was downed by wind... Am I the only one seeing a pattern here???

DizneyRox
06-07-2012, 06:27 AM
Pattern of maintenance failures/cutbacks directly impacting guest safety? At WDW? Surely you jest...

More likely global warming has impacted wind patterens outside of universally accepted design parameters causing undue stresses on otherwise well engineered and maintained ride systems.

grumpyguy
06-07-2012, 07:20 AM
Pattern of maintenance failures/cutbacks directly impacting guest safety? At WDW? Surely you jest...

More likely global warming has impacted wind patterens outside of universally accepted design parameters causing undue stresses on otherwise well engineered and maintained ride systems.

Thank you, Dr.Sheldon Cooper:thumbsup:

Stu29573
06-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Maybe they can claim the Yetti did it and its a "show element."

TinkerbellT421
06-07-2012, 09:53 AM

Bazinga! :rotfl::funny:

Sorry to hijack there but I couldn't resist :D

But on a serious note, I really hope no one was seriously injured. :(

CajunDisneyDad
06-07-2012, 10:06 AM
A lighting fixture at the end of the ride fell on a train full of guests waiting to pull into the station... Haven't seen any reports about people hurt but I think a good assumption would be to think some people probably were, hopefully not seriously... Supposedly wind was the cause...

So, a branch from the Tree of Life was downed by wind... A light fixture was downed by wind... Am I the only one seeing a pattern here???

Yeah, man they got some strong winds at WDW.

stephicakes
06-07-2012, 10:26 AM
Maybe they can claim the Yetti did it and its a "show element."

They could... but the Yeti would have to WORK first :funny:

Mousemates
06-07-2012, 11:11 AM
They could... but the Yeti would have to WORK first :funny:

nice :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
06-07-2012, 11:15 AM

That's actually pretty funny LOL..

DizneyFreak2002
06-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Yeah, man they got some strong winds at WDW.

Apparently... Structures built to withstand hurricane force winds get knocked over by a breeze... Something is wrong at WDW, and DAK in general....

See what happens when you get cheap???

BTW, still haven't heard of any injuries, but if I do I'll post...

Ian
06-07-2012, 09:08 PM
I've been saying for a couple years now that the number of safety related incidents at WDW lately has risen to levels that make me nervous.

I never used to even consider my safety on Disney attractions ... I felt safer there than I did in my own living room. But I'd be lying if I said when I ride some of the more thrilling attractions these days I don't think about accidents in the back of my mind.

I agree it's the constant cutbacks, cutbacks, cutbacks that's responsible. They do NOT have enough maintenance staff anymore to properly maintain these parks.

Kairi_7378
06-07-2012, 09:15 PM
I agree it's the constant cutbacks, cutbacks, cutbacks that's responsible. They do NOT have enough maintenance staff anymore to properly maintain these parks.

The sad thing is that deferred maintenance turns into more expensive and longer projects. Also, you have more emergancy repairs, which are more expensive.

I hope no one in the train was seriously hurt... :(

waymickey
06-07-2012, 09:15 PM
I hope no one was hurt .

I really hope someone at Disney realizes that they need to stop the cutbacks and start repairs that are needed. It is so sad that Disney's magical reputation is getting very un-sparkly .:(

DizneyFreak2002
06-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Depending on the report, some people were hurt, some weren't... but it seems no one was hurt bad enough to be hospitalized...

I really want to go on a rant about the mismanagement of WDW... But, I may wait and save that for its own thread and discussion...

Tekneek
06-08-2012, 12:35 PM

Cool. I'm glad that paying ever increasing prices for everything at WDW is about pleasing Wall Street instead of properly maintaining the place.

cuteduck223
06-08-2012, 02:11 PM
i think i read about this one in the second kingdom keepers book? yes? no? :blush:

Quadstriker
06-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Was the news release true about Disney no longer allowing wind in the parks?

Tekneek
06-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Was the news release true about Disney no longer allowing wind in the parks?

Yeah, this is a particularly expensive innovation that WDI is rolling out this spring/summer. Although, they are probably going to hurt the sales of their new Starbucks franchises.

:)

DizneyFreak2002
06-08-2012, 03:10 PM
it is all part of the NextGen, interactivity Disney is rolling out... Instead of you becoming part of the attraction, the attraction literally becomes a part of you....

CuteAsMinnie
06-08-2012, 11:18 PM

:funny:

HackLaSalle
06-11-2012, 12:17 AM
Mother Nature is unhappy with the status of her park. She is also incredibly angry with the Avatar expansion.