PDA

View Full Version : Going in October!

disneylovinmom
06-06-2012, 09:52 PM
I am in the process of booking a trip for myself and my daughter who is 18 for October 10th for a 6 day park hopper ticket stay. How are the crowds at that time? I haven't been for 5 years and am so excited!

mydisneygirls
06-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Most of our trips have been at the end of October and never found it crowded. You'll be going Columbus Day though and that weekend will be busy (as are all weekends). If at all possible, I'd shoot for the end of October. Have a great time!!!!!

faline
06-07-2012, 09:29 AM
October crowds typically aren't too bad. As noted, crowds increase over the Columbus day weekend and most weekends at Epcot during the Food & Wine festival.

Imalismom
06-07-2012, 12:20 PM
If you don't have specific days in October that you want to go - can I suggest making our Intercot Meet --> http://www.intercot.com/news/i15/events.asp has more info

TIGGER17179
06-07-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm going the 14-20th of October.. is that a good time?

disneylovinmom
06-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Columbus Day is Oct 8, so hopefully by Wednesday the 10th the crowd will have cleared. I know weekends are always more crowded, but it is much cheaper to fly on a Wednesday than a weekend, so that's why I am doing a Wednesday to Wednesday trip.

faline
06-08-2012, 06:40 AM
I'm going the 14-20th of October.. is that a good time?

Should be a good time to go. As already noted, the Food & Wine Festival does drive crowds up a bit.

This is still part of hurricane season so one can't rule out the possibility of having a tropical storm or a more intense storm but these are rare and highly unlikely to arrive just when you are there.

joonyer
06-08-2012, 10:50 AM
We love WDW in October, It's our favorite time of year to go. Crowds are lighter than summer, and the weather is usually close to perfect, cooler but still warm enough to swim and enjoy the water parks. Even on Columbus day weekend the place is not as crowded as the peak summertime crowds. And most other days in October are even lighter when it comes to crowds. You'll have a great time!

Wolf
06-08-2012, 11:07 AM
We've done several Oct trips, they are a good kinda crowd level, we went in Jan a few times and it was too empty (I know that sounds insane but it just felt weird) Oct has people but its not shoulder to shoulder and alot of lines are only 20ish mins at most. I think you'll have a great time!! We are going for a 10 day in early Oct this year, I'm so excited!!

Disney Doll
06-08-2012, 11:12 AM
I still think October is a good time to go, but the crowds are definitely increasing. I think Food and Wine and MNSSHP are both more popular than they used to be and drive a fair amount of crowds. It is still lighter than summer, but summer is crazy.

Yo Mickey!
06-10-2012, 08:10 PM
the wife and i go down for f & w every year to celebrate our anniversary. we stay at board or beach and just walk into the world showcase. i'd give the crowd level about a 6 of 10. we hang out at the world showcase every night...usually a more adult crowd but a fun crowd.

last year it rained the minute we checked into boardwalk until 3 days later, the night before we checked out. i heard on the tv (wesh news) that it was the most rain they've had in like 100 years. not sure how accurate that was, but it's my recollection. we still had a blast running around in our ponchos!

this year we will be down there oct 5-9 for some food and wine fun!

sportsguy2315
06-10-2012, 10:39 PM
last year it rained the minute we checked into boardwalk until 3 days later, the night before we checked out. i heard on the tv (wesh news) that it was the most rain they've had in like 100 years. not sure how accurate that was, but it's my recollection. we still had a blast running around in our ponchos!

I was down at WDW at that time of year, and it was pretty accurate. I had missed the first couple days because I was at a family wedding in Chicago, but I remember flying into Orlando and Chicago being warmer than Orlando!

Anyway, onto October: as others have said, yes, MNNSHP and Food and Wine do bring in the crowds but compared to the December holidays? Walk in the park.

Preferably, if you`re able due to smaller crowds, do Food and Wine on a weekday afternoon then take in an Eat to the Beat concert. Depending on the act, you have time between shows to get up and get another serving of food and get a relatively good seat.

Oh, and if you`re doing the Dining Plan, most of the food items count as snacks. :thumbsup:

Wolf
06-11-2012, 11:14 AM
the wife and i go down for f & w every year to celebrate our anniversary. we stay at board or beach and just walk into the world showcase. i'd give the crowd level about a 6 of 10. we hang out at the world showcase every night...usually a more adult crowd but a fun crowd.

We were there the same time!!! Small world (Literally) :mickey:

jenperich
06-11-2012, 07:54 PM
October is one of our most favorite times to go!! Our anniversary is in October and its the Food & Wine Festival! Have a great time and you should have wonderful weather. :mickey:

TIGGER17179
07-05-2012, 09:59 AM

We always say a rainy day at Disney is better than a sunny day at home!!!

TIGGER17179
07-05-2012, 10:00 AM
I was down at WDW at that time of year, and it was pretty accurate. I had missed the first couple days because I was at a family wedding in Chicago, but I remember flying into Orlando and Chicago being warmer than Orlando!

Anyway, onto October: as others have said, yes, MNNSHP and Food and Wine do bring in the crowds but compared to the December holidays? Walk in the park.

Preferably, if you`re able due to smaller crowds, do Food and Wine on a weekday afternoon then take in an Eat to the Beat concert. Depending on the act, you have time between shows to get up and get another serving of food and get a relatively good seat.

Oh, and if you`re doing the Dining Plan, most of the food items count as snacks. :thumbsup:

We will not be there for the weekends so everything that we do will be during the week. I hope this helps with the crowds some.

Hog
07-05-2012, 11:54 AM
We went last year over the same time the 6th -14th. The crowds weren't terrible, the weekends were busier. We just stayed away from parks that were having EMH or had late closing times. For example we went to MK one day that was closing @ 1am and it was INSANE. We walked in and went on 1 ride and then left for Epcot it was much more manageable.