PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Ears- Must Have!

DisneyDawgette
06-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Hi! I'm trying to put together a list of popular souvenirs and their prices for parents of our church group that is going in 20 DAYS! -jumps up and down- :mickey:

I know there is a thread about must have buys at Disney that is going on now, but I was curious if anyone knows the prices to some of these! The kids we're taking are 3rd-6th grade, but any type of souvenir suggestion is appreciated! They like to buy things for moms and dads as well. :)

In particular, the Mickey Ears. I haven't been in a few years and I wanted to know if anyone knows the current-ish price of the Mickey Ears (just the standard ones!) and what the cost for embroidery is! I will be purchasing them regardless, but for so many of these kids this will be their first trip! So any monumental souvenirs and their prices would be greatly appreciated!

We're so close I can almost smell it, and all of your help would be phenomenal! :D

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
06-06-2012, 07:04 AM
$14 for Mickey Ears and $4 for up to 10 characters (letters) in personalization.
So just under $20 for ears with a name.

Vinylmation figures - $10-15 for just a standard one.

Pins - singles are $10 and up- a beginner lanyard is $25 and up (has 4 or so pins to start trading)

Good luck and have fun!

Pirate Granny
06-06-2012, 07:22 AM
If u want to leave the park with embroider ears, u need to get them ordered by 3pm....there is usually a wait. They cannot wait until they are walking out of the park to get IF they want their name put on!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-06-2012, 07:30 AM
It isn't something you can buy, but it could be cool if the kids get a photo mat signed be the characters, and then you could put a group shot into it for them. A great reminder of the trip for a long time!

Otherwise, I recommend a lanyard as well, not only can they pin-trade, etc at Disney, but it will also be a reminder of the trip when worn later (I wear mine at church camp every summer).

With the Mickey ears, give it more time than you think. Some of the kids won't want the standard ears, and there are quite a few to choose from, as wll as the "make your own ears" in some stores (like Le Chapeau in MK).

Enjoy the trip!!! :mickey:

minnie04
06-06-2012, 04:55 PM
If they are looking to buy for parents. I would suggest pens, magnets, car antena toppers, key chains. All pretty resonable in price. And easy to carry back home. :mickey: