PDA

View Full Version : Les Miserables - The Movie

brad192
06-04-2012, 10:34 PM
I just watched the first trailer for the upcoming Les Miserables movie. :thumbsup: It looks like it's going to be AWESOME! Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean, Russel Crowe as Inspector Javert, Anne Hathaway as Fantine, and several former actors from various stage productions in supporting roles - most notably Colm Wilkinson as the Bishop (he was the original Jean Valjean). :notworth:

I've seen the stage production 4 times, and I can't wait for this film to be released! Anyone else jacked about this film?

brad192
06-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Oops! I forgot to mention that this film has a Disney connection. Anne Hathaway, who will be playing Fantine in the film, was Mia Thermopolis in the Disney films Princess Diary & Princess Diary 2! Glad to see she's been able to transition from child actress to legitimate adult actrtess! She's pretty cute too!

Maleficent_vf
06-04-2012, 11:37 PM
It'll be hard to top the perfection of Colm Wilkinson and Michael Ball, but the teaser is tempting. :thumbsup:

JanetMegan
06-05-2012, 08:23 AM
I saw that trailer the other day as well. I'm looking forward to it, but wish my local theater would sponsor a sing along night ;) So hard not to stand and sing along to "Do you hear the people sing?"

Mickey'sGirl
06-05-2012, 08:44 AM
It is my very favourite musical ... and I have had the pleasure of seeing both Colm Wilkinson and Patti LuPone in London, and Colm Wilkinson and Terrence Mann on Broadway, as well as Michael Burgess in Toronto. Though I personally would have cast Hugh Grant as Javert and Russell Crowe as Valjean .... I am quite excited to see this film! :thumbsup:

CajunDisneyDad
06-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Les Mis was the first broadway show I saw, and it is what I have used as the standard by which all other shows are measured lol. I loved the show, the music, everything about it. It is by far and away my favorite musical. I am looking forward to seeing the movie. I figured after they did Phantom and Rent (forgot about The Producers) lol it would only be a matter of time before they did Les Mis. So any thoughts on what the next show to be adopted to film will be? I would love to see them do Spamalot lol (I know I know, Monty Python and the Holy Grail) lol

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-05-2012, 10:41 AM
I saw the trailer a couple of days ago, and it looks GREAT! I LOVED the play, and am really looking forward to the movie.

I second the idea of a "sing-along" version in theatres :)

citizensnoopy
06-07-2012, 01:33 AM
I'm looking forward to it, too, but based on the trailer, I don't think Anne Hathaway has the vocal chops for Fantine. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised when I see the movie, though.

MissMaryPoppins
06-12-2012, 01:36 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing this. I saw Les Miserables twice on Broadway and listened to the cast recording so often I wore it out. I'm not a fan of Anne Hathaway at all but when I heard her singing "I Dreamed a Dream" I liked how she sounded.

DizneyFreak2002
06-16-2012, 08:16 PM
The trailer... now THAT is how you market and hype up a movie... :)

Looking forward to this movie in December!!! :thumbsup:

DisneyDog
06-20-2012, 08:05 PM
I just saw the trailer last night when we saw Rock of Ages. It looks wonderful. My DH isn't really into musicals (although he liked Rock of Ages) and even he was blown away by the trailer. He does have a soft spot for Les Mis because his drum and bugle corps performed selections from it back in the '80s (Cadets of Bergen County).