PDA

View Full Version : BLT or GF?

DreamFinder2
06-04-2012, 05:49 PM
My DW and I are heading to WDW over spring break next year and are beginning to make plans. We were originally planning to stay at GF...it's what we like - low-key, quiet, clean, etc.

We are now discussing a stay at BLT, though. We are not DVC members, and I'm not interested in renting points. BLT looks like a nice place with accommodations that would suit us well.

We will be traveling with another couple and are looking at a 2-bedroom suite for the week. Price-wise, it comes out very close to what 2 rooms at GF would be.

Thoughts?

faline
06-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Loved the two bedroom at Bay Lake Tower. The common space is quite large. There are two balconies on the two bedrooms so you'd each have your own outside space.

On the other hand, it you'd like the sense of complete privacy, two separtate rooms at the Grand Floridian would work very well - those rooms are huge.

Plusses for Bay Lake Tower are the kitchen and in-room laundry. Con for a dedicated two-bedroom - there's only one safe in the master bedroom suite which could be difficult to share even though the safe is fairly large.

Also - how would you pick who gets the master bedroom suite including the spa tub?

DreamFinder2
06-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Also - how would you pick who gets the master bedroom suite including the spa tub?

He who makes the reservation gets the tub, right?

I appreciate your comments about the 2BR at BLT. I think that's what we're leaning toward at this point. I like GF a lot, but it's more of a place my DW and I would go alone, I guess. We're anxious to try something new, too.

Non-DVC members can't use the top of the world lounge, though, correct?

faline
06-04-2012, 06:09 PM
He who makes the reservation gets the tub, right?

Non-DVC members can't use the top of the world lounge, though, correct?

Better make that point clear ahead of time! :D

Only those staying on points can visit the lounge. We stayed in a studio before we became owners - we were lucky enough that trip to have a Magic Kingdom view - the fireworks from that vantage point were much better than from the lounge - in my opnion.

After purchasing DVC, my daughter and I stayed in a two bedroom unit. We had a pool view. We visited the lounge on 2 occasions (we did not go there for the fireworks). I found the views a bit disappointing. From inside the lounge, you do not have any view. I will say the flatbread we had there was excellent.

To view the fireworks, you would have to go to the area outside the lounge and look over a rather tall wall to see tha Magic Kingdom. If you were short and back 2-3 people in a pack trying to view the fireworks - wouldn't work in my opinion.

The other odd thing about the lounge is that, once you reach the floor the lounge is on, you need to exit the building, walk through an outdoor area and then enter the lounge. If you need the restroom while you are in the lounge, you need to walk back to the indoor area of the resort to locate the rest rooms.

We found that the lounge areas by the elevators and the walkway from Bay Lake Tower to the Contemporary provided better fireworks viewing areas - in my opinion.

Simbajr4ever
06-11-2012, 08:58 PM
I would take into consideration. GF is under considerable construction with their DVC being added {{ next to the beach pool }} So yes, your not walking by it > but during the day possible to hear construction noise?