PDA

View Full Version : Grove City , Pa

another tink
06-01-2012, 11:03 AM
We are going on a shopping trip at the beginning of July. There will be 6 people, 4 adults and 2 teenagers. I was looking for a good hotel around there and some good restaurants. Just wondering if anyone has any sugestions . Thanks in advance.

Judy:mickey:

Tink1
06-01-2012, 12:32 PM
I used to stay in Grove City when I would pick my son up from Slippery Rock.

Across from the outles there is a Comfort Inn that is not bad. Was getting run down last time I was there. There is a Hampton Inn 2 doors down with a Holiday Inn behind it. I usually stayed at the Hampton Inn, it was clean and the breakfast in the morning was fine. Last I was there was 3 years ago though so things may have changed.

I know they were putting a Marriott property up closer to SRU when he graduated, so it shoudl be done by now.

Nanc

Tink1
06-01-2012, 02:10 PM
I just checked and the Fairfield Inn and Suites Slippery Rock just opened last fall. It is further from the outlets but it will be almost new!

Nanc

another tink
06-01-2012, 02:22 PM

kakn7294
06-01-2012, 03:23 PM
We live about an hour from the outlets so we have never booked a hotel nearby. In addition to the ones listed previously, there is also a Holiday Inn and a place called Elephant and Castle (restaurant and inn). We love to eat at Elephant and Castle - casual sit-down dining with an English/Irish pub feel. There's also an Eat 'n Park - casual sit-down with a salad bar - and a Hoss's - casual sit-down after you order your meal in line with a salad and dessert bar. There are various fast food places as well including a food court in the outlets. There are other restaurants not far away but we have only eaten at these places. Have fun shopping!!!

another tink
06-01-2012, 11:05 PM
thanks Kathy. We have tried the Elephant and Castle and enjoyed it. Maybe we will try one of the others.

Judy:thumbsup:

Tri Minnie
07-04-2012, 07:18 PM
I am not sure if you have taken this trip yet, but Rachel's Roadhouse (or maybe it was the Iron Bridge Inn; they are sister restaurants) had a delicious Sunday brunch the last time we were there. My guess is that the other meals would be just as tasty.

another tink
07-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks, but we just got back last night.