PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for bigger strollers?

tdk316
06-01-2012, 07:36 AM
This last trip we rented a Phil & Teds stroller for DS5 that he barely fit in. He's 46" tall and weighs 40 lbs. Any recommendations for bigger strollers? Due to his conditions he tires easily so it is important that he have a stroller.

I have looked at the Liberty Special Needs PushChair but am interested in a double if possible because next trip we'll have both boys with us. Thanks!

BrerGnat
06-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Maclarens go up to 55lbs, but I don't know how tall is too tall for one of those. Maclaren also makes a special needs chair, the Maclaren Major. Or, google Special Tomato EIO Stroller. These strollers are NOT cheap, but I think you can get insurance to help cover the cost if it can be deemed medically necessary by your child's doctor.

Be aware that if you intend to use the "Stroller as wheelchair" GAC designation, they will NOT issue that for a double stroller. So, you'd be better off taking two separate strollers for your kids. It's actually easier to deal with two umbrella style folding strollers than one double anyway.