PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional

NewDVCowner
05-31-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm going to WDW the week off Thanksgiving and it sounds like the Friday after Thanksgiving will have the CP. I've never seen this before however a few people that I'm traveling with (all adults) have said they'd like to see this. I have a few questions, though.

1.) How long is the whole thing?

2.) For the first show, I think it's at 5:00, how early do you need to get in line before hand if you don't have a dining package for it?

3.) I was in the park a couple of years ago at Christmas and caught part of it standing behind the seats but left after not too long because it was freezing. Can you stand back there for the whole show without cast members shooing you off? If so, how soon before the show starts should you stake a place out in the back?

4.) Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for it?

Thanks so much!

faline
05-31-2012, 07:10 PM
If you're going to be there Thanksgiving weekend, it will be quite crowded. I'd certainly recommend a Candlelight dining package - even with the package I find the line for seating begins fairly early.

I would not be surprised to see the line for those who do not have the package begin 2-3 hours before the show. If you can't be seated and are standing in the back, I've never seen them move people away but I would think they would begin to do that if the walkway was not passable.

NewDVCowner
06-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Thank you.

Imalismom
06-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Another reason to do the dinner package is the weather. You are not under covered seating if you do not have the dinner package. If it rains, you will get wet :mickey:

That being said, I have seen where people who even had the package not get to sit under the covered area, but it is more of chance that you will then you won't be seated in the covered area with the package.

Tygger7
06-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Another reason to do the dinner package is the weather. You are not under covered seating if you do not have the dinner package. If it rains, you will get wet :mickey:

That being said, I have seen where people who even had the package not get to sit under the covered area, but it is more of chance that you will then you won't be seated in the covered area with the package.

This happened to us last year...we had the CP package for the first show and by the time we got in, there were no covered seats left. (The lines for CP package seating were clear back to the Morocco pavilion, and the stand-by lines were all the way back to the Mexico pavilion. Needless to say, no one in the stand-by line got in for the first show.) We were about 15 rows up in the first section of uncovered seats and it POURED rain the entire show. Even with ponchos, we got pretty soaked.