PDA

View Full Version : New fantasyland construction at MK

venture4th
05-31-2012, 04:10 PM
Doe anyone have an idea when the work on the Fantasyland(including Fairy Village) will be finished? I've heard Summer 2013 and now summer 2014. This will determine a future trip. Thank you

MW1218
05-31-2012, 05:00 PM
I think you might be getting a little bit confused with all of the information thats swirling around out there! Disney has said that the first phase of the new Fantasyland, which includes the Be Our Guest restaurant, Little Mermaid Ride, and Gaston's Tavern, will be open by this year's holiday season. The only thing that won't be ready is the Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster and the new Princess Meet & Greet Hall.

I'm sorry if you were really looking forward to it, but plans for the Fairy Village, or Pixie Hollow as it was called, were scrapped, since the decision-makers thought that all of the new additions would be too "princess-centric."

The circus area, including a new home for Dumbo and retheming of Goofy's Barnstormer are already open. I hope this helps! :mickey:

CajunDisneyDad
05-31-2012, 05:20 PM
lol Fantasyland too Princess centric... I think it is too late for that :P. Looking forward to the new places opening up for the holiday season.

DizneyFreak2002
05-31-2012, 05:49 PM
lol Fantasyland too Princess centric... I think it is too late for that :P. Looking forward to the new places opening up for the holiday season.

It is ALL princess centric, and would have been worse if they went through with what they originally announced...

Fastpasssteve
06-01-2012, 12:33 AM
Well, the princesses were always looking for their prince. The princes used swords...that's pretty butch. I guess I never thought of it as girlie. I love Fantasyland.

venture4th
06-14-2012, 02:00 AM
My apologies. My computer died and had to wait to buy anew one. Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

MargaretMessler
06-14-2012, 08:27 AM
When will the new Seven Dwarfs ride and the Princess Meet & Greet be open? I'm going in May and September of 2013.