PDA

View Full Version : And another Water Parks question from me...

RBrooksC
05-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Ok, after reading the posts here and talking to my Disney fan friends, we are going to do the Water Parks and More option.

Now, this question is more about touring those parks. I have heard the "go right when it opens before it fill to capacity." I have also heard, "go after 3 PM when the crowds dwindle."

We are going July 22 until July 28. So, it will be mid-summer with high crowds and high heat/humidity.

Which touring option would be the best for a family of four with two young children? Both my children are fish and would swim all day, if we let them and we have many times at my parent's house.

That whole week the water parks are open until 8 PM and Wednesday and Thursday are EMH mornings.

If we could get some insight on what is the best way to approach these parks, it would be greatly appreciated. We have never done the water parks in all the years we have been going to Disney so this is something brand new.

Thank you all for your feedback.

stephicakes
05-31-2012, 01:23 PM
Our preference is always hitting the water parks (TL is our fav) when they open in the morning. It's already HOT in the morning during July! We enjoy the water for a few hours before heading out as the crowds start coming in and it heats up even more. Our experience has been to grab chairs while you can - it can be tough to find vacant ones as the day goes on. We like to go to another park for dinner in the evening.
:mickey:

steph

SBETigg
05-31-2012, 01:29 PM
Either first thing in the mornings or later in the day would work great, both are good times depending on your preference. The high heat time of the afternoon seems both the sunniest and most crowded, so most avoidable. On very busy days, even the water slides can develop long lines and the lazy rivers are more relaxing when not overcrowded as well. If you want really low crowds at the parks, choose an overcast and potentially rainy morning or late afternoon, but not a thunderstormy one because thunder means you have to get out of the water.

Also, I'm partial to Blizzard Beach with young children. The kids activities are more prevalent. The wave pool is a little less strong on the waves (though still watch them). And the family-style ride, Teamboat Springs, is far better at BB than at Typhoon Lagoon. But they're both great and maybe you will get to both now that you have the option.

RBrooksC
05-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Well, we would be going to both parks since we purchased that extra option. We want to make sure we make good use of it.

I was thinking of going when they have the EMH hours at those parks and the day we get there going for a late afternoon visit.

BrerGnat
05-31-2012, 03:19 PM
Your plan sounds good. There is more shade in the afternoons, for what its worth. Also my kids tend to have more energy in the afternoon than morning, so its a good way to burn that off and stay nice and cool, plus when you are done its nice to shower and go out to dinner, then to bed because the waterparks wipe you out! I find that if I go in the morning, I'm DONE for the rest of the day by about noon and i spend the rest of the day dragging. Plus, eating lunch at the waterparks is awkward to me. Its weird to eat in a bathing suit and nothing else.

My experiences going after 2pm have been excellent. Very short lines and minimal crowds. With little ones, as long as no one takes an afternoon nap, afternoons get my vote for best time to go.

minnie04
05-31-2012, 04:56 PM
Honestly, we have never had a problem getting in the water parks. Or even finding a place to put our stuff in the shade. I would say go at your own pace. I guess I just hate rushing to anything. If they are open till 8:00pm you will have plenty of time to do the whole park. Dont stress it. have a good breakfast and head out. It takes alot to fill the parks to capacity. Just don't bring alot of bags, get a locker for personal stuff and hit the water...lol.. your going to have a blast in both!! :mickey: