PDA

View Full Version : Pop vs. Art of Animation Little Mermaid Rooms?

mickeys_princess_mom
05-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Thinking we may be leaning toward one of these two to have dedicated buses for the Grandprincess's first trip. Have stayed at Pop several times, but love the idea of the new one! Do you know of any pros or cons of the Art of Animation? (I know it's not open yet, but have you heard of any expected features to think about?...)
:thanks:

MargaretMessler
05-30-2012, 03:24 PM
I havent heard anything about AoA per se...but i have been pricing things in anticipation of next year's trips. It does appear that AoA is considerably more than Pop. At least for room only ressies...i would assume package prices would followsuit.

disneykid99
05-30-2012, 03:35 PM
We are staying at the AoA this year in Sept. I am not sure of the exact room price as we are using the Free Dining promo - but we switched from Pop to AoA and found only a small increase in our total - less than $50 for the whole week. We are excited to try the new resort. You can google lots of images on line. The main building and pool look wonderful! The Little Mermaid rooms (where we are staying) look nice. I like the curtain seperating the sinks from the rest of the room - that is something our Pop room did not have in 2010. I am hoping we hear all about the resort over the weekend after it opens. I hope your little Grandprincess has a wonderful time!:cloud9:

disneykid99
05-30-2012, 03:36 PM
I was just wondering it AoA will have their own buses or if they will share with Pop. Anyone know the answer?

Fangorn
05-30-2012, 06:30 PM
I was just wondering it AoA will have their own buses or if they will share with Pop. Anyone know the answer?

I don't know that there's been an actual official announcement on this yet or not, but I highly doubt that they will share buses. The resorts are so large individually that it just wouldn't make logistic sense to share.

Steve

MargaretMessler
05-30-2012, 08:01 PM
We are staying at the AoA this year in Sept. I am not sure of the exact room price as we are using the Free Dining promo - but we switched from Pop to AoA and found only a small increase in our total - less than $50 for the whole week. We are excited to try the new resort. You can google lots of images on line. The main building and pool look wonderful! The Little Mermaid rooms (where we are staying) look nice. I like the curtain seperating the sinks from the rest of the room - that is something our Pop room did not have in 2010. I am hoping we hear all about the resort over the weekend after it opens. I hope your little Grandprincess has a wonderful time!:cloud9:

Oh, I will have to revisit that when it comes time to book a package, I thought it seemed strange that AoA was coming up so much more. Maybe I was accidentally looking at the suite prices and not the LM rooms.

Fangorn
05-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Oh, I will have to revisit that when it comes time to book a package, I thought it seemed strange that AoA was coming up so much more. Maybe I was accidentally looking at the suite prices and not the LM rooms.

You must have been. The Little Mermaid rooms are only $5/night more than a POP standard room, and the same price as the POP standard pool view room. At least that's what I'm seeing for Oct/Nov.

Steve

MargaretMessler
05-31-2012, 07:26 AM
You must have been. The Little Mermaid rooms are only $5/night more than a POP standard room, and the same price as the POP standard pool view room. At least that's what I'm seeing for Oct/Nov.

Steve

Thanks for the info! I was looking at so many different things just trying to get an idea for next year (althought I know prices will change) that my eyes were about to become crossed. Mom wants to stay someplace (value, since we're on a small budget) she hasn't stayed before, and that leave Pop and AoA.

jennsky
05-31-2012, 10:26 AM
I've been reading tons all over the web on AoA and from what I've been reading, they have their own buses and do NOT share with Pop. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I've read in a couple different places. The good thing about the resorts being connected via the bridge is that no matter which one you stay at, you can still walk over and check out the atmosphere at the other resort if you want. Have a great trip! :number1:

White Rose
06-03-2012, 11:55 AM
I hope no one minds if I also ask a question in this thread as well...does anyone know if the LM rooms are considered 'preferred' or not? I always pay a little extra at Pop to stay in a preferred room because I like not having to walk far to the dining area and to the buses. Pop is always first in my heart but a friend is BEGGING me to look into AoA for a trip in Jan 2013.

ginny57
06-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Based on the resort layout map I saw, the LM rooms would not be considered preferred.

mini
06-07-2012, 02:46 PM
I don't think that they will be preferred because they are the furthest from the food court and bus stops. We also didn't like the menu for the food court,so we are choosing Pop.

Crow
06-07-2012, 03:27 PM
i walked around the resort on tuesday and liked it a lot. the bridge is open between there and Pop so u can walk in between. the lobby was nice, store seemed not as cluttered and the food court had some diff choices and the chandeliers were nice. i saw a beverage stations in diff seating areas and saw one by the pool bar. the pool was big. looks like the Cars area is nicely themed.
they do have their own buses, as i took one from AoA to Epcot.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Good to hear! :thanks:
We actually booked the AoA Little Mermaid rooms! Can't wait! :wave:

mommy2maddi
06-14-2012, 02:32 PM
We also love POP but are staying at AoA in December simply b/c it's a new experience and the resort looks amazing! We only paid a tiny bit more when we switched- previous poster must have been pricing the suites, not the mermaid rooms. AoA is just a walk across a bridge away from POP and I heard their transportation will be identical to that of POP. Give it a try!!! Good luck and happy planning! :mickey: