PDA

View Full Version : Latest Word on Value Buses?

mickeys_princess_mom
05-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Do each of the Values have dedicated buses now? Or does it still 'depend'? DD and I just stayed at Music, and we did every time. Next trip the Grandprincess is going :cheer: so we were hoping to avoid a long ride back to the resort at the end of the day...

brownie
05-30-2012, 01:11 PM
It may depend. I took a bus from Downtown Disney to All-Star Movies at the end of March. it stopped at Sports, Music, and then Movies.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-30-2012, 02:10 PM
Thank you--that's what I'm hearing. :wave:

MargaretMessler
05-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Only downside to the All Stars...the buses always seemed so muchmore crowded to me. This is why i always rent a car...i like the option if i dont want to deal with a crush for a bus.

Gator
05-30-2012, 04:32 PM
When I stayed at AS-Movies in early Dec 2008, we had dedicated buses. The only time we stopped at the others was on Magical Express on the way from the airport. However, excuse me, HOWEVER, this did not make the bus system all that great. In fact, it was the worst bus system I've been on.:thedolls:

Everyone that's been there tell me it's fine if you have your own car. But if you're going to have to rent a car, you might as well spend that money on a moderate resort and get better bus service, food, and amenities. But don't tell anybody I said that. Don't word to get out.:secret:

MargaretMessler
05-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Everyone that's been there tell me it's fine if you have your own car. But if you're going to have to rent a car, you might as well spend that money on a moderate resort and get better bus service, food, and amenities. But don't tell anybody I said that. Don't word to get out.:secret:

I actually don't think the bus service at a dedicated bus moderate (in my experience) was any better than a dedicated bus value. My only really disappointing bus experience was an late 90s trip to the all stars when they defintely shared buses. We were at the end of the route and I think we spent more time standing on buses than any other trip. Ever since, I always get a rental. It's well worth it, and with enough shopping around you can always find a good deal. For instance, through Budget using a BJs member discount, I can pay just around $100 for a week on a mid size.