PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock in the Guinness?

Melanie
05-28-2012, 11:41 PM
Was with a friend at Rose & Crown today and he ordered a Guinness and it 'magically' appeared with a shamrock on top. Apparently it's actually called a 'shamrock pour'. So cool! Can you tell I don't drink Guinness? :D :stpattys:

MNNHFLTX
05-29-2012, 06:33 AM
I've noticed this too--pretty cool effect! :D

Melanie
05-29-2012, 07:12 AM
I've noticed this too--pretty cool effect! :D

:cheers:

SBETigg
05-29-2012, 10:42 AM
It is pretty cool. I've seen it done in a few other (non-Disney) places where Guinness is served. I don't drink Guinness often, but when I do it's at the Rose and Crown. :thumbsup:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Apparently this is the way it is SUPPOSED to be poured if it is done correctly by someone that has been trained to pour Guinness. This according to some documentary on beer that I've watched recently during one of my insomnia bouts.

SurferStitch
05-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Carl at the Rose and Crown ALWAYS puts the shamrock on the Guinness!

Best. Bartender. EVER!! :thumbsup:

Melanie
05-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Carl at the Rose and Crown ALWAYS puts the shamrock on the Guinness!

Best. Bartender. EVER!! :thumbsup:

Carl has poured me many a Golden through the years, but since I don't drink Guinness, I've never known about this. Carl was way too busy yesterday (during a heavy downpour) so we took who we could get. She did a great job - but was probably trained by Carl. ;)

MargaretMessler
05-29-2012, 05:57 PM
Was with a friend at Rose & Crown today and he ordered a Guinness and it 'magically' appeared with a shamrock on top. Apparently it's actually called a 'shamrock pour'. So cool! Can you tell I don't drink Guinness? :D :stpattys:

I have heard of this (from a friend who worked in the alcohol industry for many years), but have never encountered it. I may just have to stop by the R & C and look for Carl next year!