PDA

View Full Version : Please settle an argument

PETE FROM NYC
05-28-2012, 06:26 PM
A friend were discussing the layout of MK.
He says that the present location of Alladin was once occupied by Dumbo, and I disagree, but I think that Alladin is not in its original location.
Or am I nuts?

casey@bat
05-28-2012, 06:30 PM
I think Dumbo has always been behind the castle.

faline
05-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Dumbo was never located where Aladdin is now. Dumbo just recently moved for the first time and is now located in the area which used to be part of Toon Town. To my knowledge Aladdin's Carpets has been in its current location since it first opened.

GBBT
05-28-2012, 06:58 PM
And they should get rid of Aladdin so there's not such a traffic jam of guests making their way around Adventureland..

Ian
05-28-2012, 07:13 PM
The space where Aladdin currently sits is its original location (I was there the day it opened). In that space previously was ... well ... space.

Until the Fantasyland refurb, Dumbo had never moved either. It was in it's original space behind the carousel until a few months ago when they took it out and moved it over to Storybook Circus.

Tinkermom
05-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Just curious, so what is now where Dumbo used to be? Do they just have temporary walls up? 46 days before I can see it all for myself! :mickey:

faline
05-28-2012, 07:41 PM
When I was there a few weeks ago, there are walls up behind the Carousel where Dumbo used to be located.

DizneyFreak2002
05-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Just curious, so what is now where Dumbo used to be? Do they just have temporary walls up? 46 days before I can see it all for myself! :mickey:

The Castle walls are going to occupy some of the space where Dumbo used to be...

Jared
05-28-2012, 11:07 PM
The space where Aladdin currently sits is its original location (I was there the day it opened). In that space previously was ... well ... space.
Space. What a marvelous concept. If only.

LudwigVonDrake
05-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Until recently Dumbo was always over by the carousel. Where Aladdin is used to be a wide open walkway.

disneydeb
05-29-2012, 10:39 AM
Now there is so little space where Aladin is. :(

But it gives other park goers a chance to enjoy something while I get around the hub and spoke activity!:)

SBETigg
05-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Space is great, but spitting camels... you can't beat spitting camels. I've never actually gone on Aladdin's carpets. Or Dumbo, for that matter. Or the Triceratops Spin at the AK.

AgentC
05-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Space is great, but spitting camels... you can't beat spitting camels. I've never actually gone on Aladdin's carpets. Or Dumbo, for that matter. Or the Triceratops Spin at the AK.

Yep, the spitting camels are awesome. :thumbsup:

I love Aladdin's carpets. We do Dumbo if we get there early enough before the line builds.

I've only done Triceratops Spin once. I try to stay away from that section at AK. The carnival games always tempt my kids and it never ends well. :(

Ian
05-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Just curious, so what is now where Dumbo used to be? Do they just have temporary walls up? 46 days before I can see it all for myself! :mickey:A big wall. They've moved the construction walls way out from where they were and now you can see them constructing the new Castle walls there.

Fantasyland is pretty congested right now, as they've also closed the new/old stroller parking area where the Skyway station used to be and all the strollers are back in front of IASW. VERY messy.

squijee
05-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Is Cinderella castle being expanded?

BrerGnat
05-29-2012, 12:07 PM
I believe DisneyLAND's Dumbo attraction may have occupied a different spot in Disneyland on Opening Day 1955 than it does today. Maybe that is what your friend is thinking of?

mac badger
05-29-2012, 12:12 PM
It wouldn't make any sense for Dumbo to have been in Adventureland-the theming just doesn't go. Yes he's an elephant, but a circus elephant. I'm not sure what year they put in the magic carpets, but it want there when i was a kid, so in my head when i think about the layout of the park it's still not there. I just picture a big open area in front of the tiki room

AmandaChan
05-29-2012, 01:05 PM
The Castle walls are going to occupy some of the space where Dumbo used to be...

Are they expanding the castle too???

edit: saw previous post. when is this happening? is it going to be done with the final complete of FL?

Ian
05-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Is Cinderella castle being expanded?

Are they expanding the castle too???

edit: saw previous post. when is this happening? is it going to be done with the final complete of FL?They're not expanding the Castle, no. They're adding these sprawling walls that will sort of segment off the old Fantasyland from the new Fantasyland (probably to try and ease the transition from the old style to the new). You can see it in the concept art below.

texas211
05-29-2012, 06:57 PM
A big wall. They've moved the construction walls way out from where they were and now you can see them constructing the new Castle walls there.

Fantasyland is pretty congested right now, as they've also closed the new/old stroller parking area where the Skyway station used to be and all the strollers are back in front of IASW. VERY messy.

Tell me about. Its a nightmare in fantasyland. Too crowded. The bottleneck between small world and peter pan w people stopping to talk or whatnot is enough to drive me nuts. But dw loves the stuff in the nightmare.

Aurora
05-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Tell me about. Its a nightmare in fantasyland. Too crowded. The bottleneck between small world and peter pan w people stopping to talk or whatnot is enough to drive me nuts. But dw loves the stuff in the nightmare.

Yeah, I remember having to walk through there one time during Jersey Week and not being able to. At all. Nightmare aptly describes it.