PDA

View Full Version : Resort Phase stay on 1st day?

disneykid99
05-27-2012, 03:32 PM
We are booked to stay in the Little Mermade Section of the Art of Animation resort on the first day of this phase's opening. Do you think that we should be concerned that it will not be open on time and we might be moved else where (like a different resort)? Have any of you stayed at a resort on "opening" day? Thank you for the help! :mickey:

Imalismom
05-27-2012, 05:18 PM
I stayed in a WL renovated room on opening day for the renovation - they rooms were not ready until after 6pm (and I was there at 10am). I told them I would gladly wait until the rooms were cleared for guest usage :thumbsup:

The funny thing was, they then told me I would receive no compensation for waiting so long for my room - -okay, I just told them that I would gladly wait until the cows came home - why would I even THINK about wanting compensation - we all laughed about it, but apparently they now have to say that if you choose to wait on a room.

So, you may have to wait a little while, but in my best guess, it WDW says it will open, it WILL open...

Fangorn
05-27-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm pretty confidant that it will open on time. They have been highly focused on this resort. The first phase (Nemo) opens this Thursday (5/31) and the festivities are already in motion. DS has rehearsal for the opening day show all day on Wednesday. Opening ceremonies begin at 6am apparently (his call is for 5:30am).

I wouldn't worry about it.

Enjoy!

Steve

disneykid99
05-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Thank you for the replies. We will be there before lunch and figured we might have to wait for a room to be ready but from the pictures I am seeing it looks like there will be plenty to check out while waiting if necessary. :mickey: