PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain 2013 Rehab dates?

forever a child
05-27-2012, 12:13 PM
Anyone know when Splash Mountain closes for Jan Rehab? I read that it was open for Jan 2012 and BTMR was closed this Jan-May instead.
Would SM close really close to the first or would it be more like Jan 9th (like BTMR was for this year???)

Strmchsr
05-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Usually it's after Jan 5-6 before they close it. However, with Splash not getting a refurb this year (and it DESPERATELY needs it) I wouldn't be surprised to see it go down for several months next year similar to BTMRR this year. I'm hoping that's the case anyway. It needs some big TLC and not just the band-aids they've been putting on it. But, we won't know until probably October or so what/when/if it'll go down.

forever a child
05-27-2012, 02:08 PM
That is what I figured. Well, I guess I am going to have to accept that it will probably be closed during our next visit. :cry:

Strmchsr
05-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Not necessarily. It might, at worst, be open for the first couple of days of your trip.

BigThunderFan
05-27-2012, 06:27 PM
In four trips to WDW my daughter has never been able to ride this (first time she was too short). Of course the year we don't go it was open! I hope we get just one day with it after the marathon, but I am fairly sure we won't :(

forever a child
05-27-2012, 06:33 PM
I am assuming we won't get to ride it on our next trip. We would love to go this late summer but we decided on Jan '13 instead. Oh well, we will still enjoy our trip. Hope you get a chance to but it looks like your next visit will be during the same time as ours. ;)