PDA

View Full Version : Country Bear Jamboree going into refurb

Dyanna
05-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Just heard that this attraction will be heading for a refurb from Sept 1st until Oct 17th. Why do they even have this attraction anyway. In all my times I have been to the world I have only seen it once & never cared to see it again. Can think of other rides/attractions that could use a fixin up rather than this one.
It wont open until the day after we return home from our next trip but cant say I'm gonna lose sleep over this lol.

Main Street Jim
05-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Good deal :)

The audio *really* needed work when I worked there nine years ago...and still needed work when we were there last December.

"Why do they even have this attraction anyway?"Do you know the story of how/why CBJ even came about? One of Walt's favorites, it was originally designed for a proposed ski resort in California. When the ski resort plans were scrapped, after Walt passed away, an attraction was needed for Frontierland in Florida for "the new park". Besides the Davy Crockett Canoes - oh, and the train station - it was the only attraction in Frontierland on Opening Day, for many years until Big Thunder Mountain Railroad opened in 1980.

It's a cute show, it doesn't take up much space at all, and, during the day - especially in the summer - it's a place to cool off and enjoy some cheesy Disney comedy ;)

Crow
05-27-2012, 12:41 AM
yes i heard the story behind it. i dont visit it very often but no harm being there. they shouldnt get ride of all the originals..

DizneyFreak2002
05-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Saw it in October and it looked in great condition.. The sound was fine, the AA's worked, which I know is shocking for WDW today LOL... We didn't have any disco bears or bears missing heads (Splash Mountain fans will know what I am talking about here)...

I enjoyed the show... first time I saw it in years... Glad to see this is getting some love...

TheVBs
05-27-2012, 06:56 AM
They have it because there are people who love it. :mickey: We don't go every trip, but when we have gone it's been well attended. There are things we have no interest in doing, but I know they're important to other guests.

stephicakes
05-27-2012, 08:02 AM
Yup - I say keep it! :mickey: A little sad it will be closed when we are there. We don't do it every trip either but we enjoy it when we do. I agree with Main Street Jim - great place to cool off and recharge your batteries before heading back into the heat!

disneydeb
05-27-2012, 08:09 AM
They have it for my husband who LOVES it! :mickey:

January-2007
05-27-2012, 08:09 AM
We watch it at least once every trip, sometimes more. We love it.

TinkerbellT421
05-27-2012, 09:00 AM
Dbf and I don't see it every trip, but I know we love it when we take the time to see it. I think it's adorable!

quack arf squeak
05-27-2012, 11:08 AM
Just like the Hall of Presidents and the Tiki Birds, it's a place to cool down and rest your feet.:number1:

texas211
05-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Its a great piece of disney history, and a nice little show.

DisneyDINK
05-27-2012, 11:53 AM
I still wonder why they don't roatae in the Holiday and Vacation Howdown shows anymore, or do they?

darthmacho
05-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Whew! September 1 is our departure day from WDW, which means it will be open during our trip. I'm really looking forward to seeing this again with my kids, so while I'm glad they're giving it loving attention, I'm even happier it's after my trip!

Stu29573
05-27-2012, 04:33 PM
We saw it on our last trip, and I was a little concerned that my dw (who hadn't seen it) wouldn't like it. As it turns out, she did! It's not an absolute favorite, but its a nice, friendly, corny show!

Main Street Jim
05-27-2012, 04:46 PM
I still wonder why they don't rotate in the Holiday and Vacation Hoedown shows any more, or do they?They were at least still doing the Christmas shows when I worked there in 2003/2004. I think 2005 was the last year for it, though. "Budget cuts", we got told. They got tired of closing it down for a few days each spring and fall to redecorate and change the show four times a year (Regular, Vacation/Summer, Regular, Christmas, and back to Regular). The Vacation Hoedown hasn't been run since, like 1998, I think (at least the late '90s).

GBBT
05-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Blood on the saddle!!!:D

kakn7294
05-28-2012, 08:20 PM
I love Country Bears! I have the ENTIRE soundtrack on my iPhone. I hope that it's even more awesome after the refurb although I think it's in pretty decent shape for it's age anyway.

Joannelet
05-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Oh no! We will be there end of Sept and my son loves this. Oh well. I love seeing it through his eyes. He loves the little bear. :)

GBBT
05-29-2012, 07:47 AM
We were there in December and the audio really needed updated.It was muffled,but everything else was fine.

Goofy4TheWorld
05-29-2012, 07:52 AM
Its gonna take more than 47 days to rehab Country Bears!

CuteAsMinnie
05-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Country Bear Jamboree is as adorable now as when we first saw it. Wouldn't miss it!!! Plus, it's a great way to cool off. Folks have been known to take a cat nap here too!:cloud9:

Thanks Main Street Jim for the story behind Country Bear Jamboree!! :wave:

JPL
05-29-2012, 09:58 AM
I have loved this attraction since I was a kid and every time I see it, I travel back to a time when my life was much simpler. glad to see it getting a little love!

Dragongirlx
05-29-2012, 11:23 AM
We arrive on the 2nd of September so will not get to see this. I love Country Bears but agree that it could use some work. My sister is going to be disappointed

ChipNDale79
05-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Loved it as a kid, and enjoy it now, its one of those "pure" Disney things.

I've got a feeling this is something that my boys will love as well, I can't wait to take them for the first time next year.

Melanie
05-29-2012, 12:46 PM
This is one attraction I'll never warm to. Way off the cheese scale for me. I do like the tribute to it at Disneyland in Pooh though. ;)

Goofster
05-29-2012, 12:50 PM
One of our family's favorite attractions when we go. I hope they keep it as is for quite some time. :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
06-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Take it as it is but, rumor has it that the show is also being trimmed down...

Goofster
08-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Take it as it is but, rumor has it that the show is also being trimmed down...

I've also heard that too...by as much as 5-6 minutes in preparation for X-Pass. That's disappointing as the show isn't really that long to begin with. :(

Crow
08-08-2012, 11:27 PM
i admit i dont go to see it every trip..but it is an original...cant lose all of them

giroux28
08-09-2012, 07:12 AM
It is actually going down starting 8/22, not 9/1. Just to let y'all know. And its part FP+ reasons and part political correctness. Sadly, I'm worried the 3 sisters may end up going by the wayside.

BriarRose0708
08-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Sorry, I don't want to open a can of worms. I don't understand why the updated FastPass system would have anything to do with the length of the show.

I get the PC thing for the most part, but there's also the fact that when classic attractions are concerned you also have to factor in the context of when they were made and that CBJ is mostly a parody of those great country western concerts of the 50's and 60's (at least that's how I interpret it). I'm glad it will be getting some TLC, and will see it in October to see how it's changed.

azcavalier
08-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Its gonna take more than 47 days to rehab Country Bears!

I don't know why, but this made me laugh out loud. Maybe it's because I can't stand the Country Bears....the show reminds me of "Lester's Possum Park" in A Goofy Movie. And if it's Lester's Possum Park, then i'm Max.

There's no amount of rehab/refurb that can fix all that's wrong with The Country Bears.

Now, that said, i'm glad that many of you who posted on here enjoy it. Your attendance at TCB makes the lines shorter for Splash Mountain.

DaParkMan
08-09-2012, 05:03 PM
It is actually going down starting 8/22, not 9/1. Just to let y'all know. And its part FP+ reasons and part political correctness. Sadly, I'm worried the 3 sisters may end up going by the wayside.

They will not be shortening the show!

It's already very tightly-written anyway, with all the songs being extremely short.

And it already does a great job of eating people up and spitting them back out, plus at already moves at a quick pace, unlike the full-length version of the Tiki Room with the Offenbach number.

Plus, CBJ will not be part of the FastPass+ program. And shortening the show would become an added expense (they would need to hire more CM's, etc.) that they most likely wouldn't want to pay for anyway.

DizneyFreak2002
08-10-2012, 02:30 PM
They will not be shortening the show!

It's already very tightly-written anyway, with all the songs being extremely short.

And it already does a great job of eating people up and spitting them back out, plus at already moves at a quick pace, unlike the full-length version of the Tiki Room with the Offenbach number.

Plus, CBJ will not be part of the FastPass+ program. And shortening the show would become an added expense (they would need to hire more CM's, etc.) that they most likely wouldn't want to pay for anyway.

Where did you hear this??? Everything points to a cutting down of the show, a dumbing down of the show, and a PC'ing of the show... You can probably say goodbye to "Momma Don't Whoop Little Buford", "Blood on the Saddle", and at least the line "the men who turn me on turn me down" from, who is it, not Trixie I don't think, but the other female bear... Maybe it is Trixie... I don't recall...

As for FP+, I haven't read anything concrete about FP+ but it wouldn't shock me in the least if CBJ is added to the list...

DisneyKim22
08-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Sorry all, I fear this is my "fault". I have been to WDW more than 30 times and have never, ever seen the CB show. DH and I will be there for a couple of days in September and I told him that we really need to do the CB this time around. Then I read this thread and find out it will be closed a few days before we get there. I'm quite sure that if I hadn't decided this was the trip I was going to finally see it, it wouldn't be closed. :laughing:

Goofster
08-13-2012, 03:05 PM
and at least the line "the men who turn me on turn me down" from, who is it, not Trixie I don't think, but the other female bear... Maybe it is Trixie... I don't recall...

The three sisters sing that one with the slide slow behind them.

My kids love blood on the saddle and mamma don't whoop little Buford. They find it hillarious. Show won't be the same without those pieces. Oh well...maybe in 15 years one of the AAs will catch fire and they will revert back to the Original version and can advertise it as a new attraction.

Goofy4TheWorld
08-14-2012, 08:25 AM

My kids love blood on the saddle and mamma don't whoop little Buford. They find it hillarious. Show won't be the same without those pieces. Oh well...maybe in 15 years one of the AAs will catch fire and they will revert back to the Original version and can advertise it as a new attraction.

Maybe everyone from Intercot can meet at EE during the ICOT-15 and set the Yeti on fire? Get Disney a little insurance money to fix him too!

DizneyFreak2002
08-14-2012, 11:05 AM

Yes, that's right, the triplets... DOH!!! LoL... Yea, supposedly your kids favorite parts are going to be cut from the show...

Altair
08-14-2012, 06:51 PM
mamma don't whoop little Buford.

"I think you should shoot him instead":D

All the lyrics are the best part of this show.;)

Lindsey310
08-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Ohhh I really like this ride lol. I have skipped it the past few years and now we are going down in 15 days (:joy:) with first timers and I really wanted them to see it. Oh well maybe next time. :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
08-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Possibility of at least 3 minutes being cut from the show... Big Al may be getting his portion cut...

darthmacho
08-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Possibility of at least 3 minutes being cut from the show... Big Al may be getting his portion cut...

It would be a shame to lose the character completely. Maybe they'll keep him, but give him something a little less gruesome to sing?

DizneyFreak2002
08-18-2012, 02:57 PM
It would be a shame to lose the character completely. Maybe they'll keep him, but give him something a little less gruesome to sing?

Your guess is as good as mine... I think, if they are looking to cut (which in and of itself is pathetic that they think this way but why should it shock any of us) they can cut down some of the dialogue that does not help move the show forward...

Goofster
08-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Your guess is as good as mine... I think, if they are looking to cut (which in and of itself is pathetic that they think this way but why should it shock any of us) they can cut down some of the dialogue that does not help move the show forward...

Hopefully, if they are cutting, then that's what they're doing...

DizneyFreak2002
08-22-2012, 03:07 PM
What can we now expect since CBJ closes today??? Several minor changes and one big change... And apparently, anything we were concerned about in this thread, well, no need to be concerned, from what I have read... Hopefully that means no shortening of the show and no removal of Big Al... Waiting to see if any other news is released... So, maybe we don't need to storm the gates with pitchforks yet LOL...

Roger's #1 Fan
08-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Just saw this thread.. we acutally saw it twice over the last two weeks at WDW. One of the classics and one of my personal faves.

Some of the AA items definitely need some TLC. (eyes not opening and some other sync issues)

I hope they don't mess with the show too much.

I was also soooo happy this trip to see the tiki birds back in their original condition. The Iago abomination I had to watch back in '05 was awful. :ack:

Goofster
08-27-2012, 12:49 PM
What can we now expect since CBJ closes today??? Several minor changes and one big change... And apparently, anything we were concerned about in this thread, well, no need to be concerned, from what I have read... Hopefully that means no shortening of the show and no removal of Big Al... Waiting to see if any other news is released... So, maybe we don't need to storm the gates with pitchforks yet LOL...

Good deal, thanks for the update.

I'll keep my pitchfork in the closet for now...:cool:

DizneyFreak2002
08-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Good deal, thanks for the update.

I'll keep my pitchfork in the closet for now...:cool:

Keep it ready just in case the original concerns prove true LOL...

darthmacho
08-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Well, I, and more importantly my kids, got to see it one last time before it was closed for refurb. I didn't notice anything too shabby about the show, and the audio seemed fine. I still feel this attraction is a classic worth keeping despite its shortcomings.

dulyjs
09-02-2012, 01:45 PM
I love Country Bears! I have the ENTIRE soundtrack on my iPhone.
Holy moley, so do I!

Altair
09-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Just found out that "Blood on the Saddle" is a real song by Tex Ritter and that's him providing the voice for Big Al. The rest of the song gets more gruesome.:cowboy: :ack: